VACANCY QLD - Foster Carer Social Worker (OOHC)
Ref: KAQLD5 - Toowoomba, Brisbane
FOSTER CARER SOCIAL WORKER - FULL TIME
* Application form located at the bottom *
Key Assets The Children’s Services Provider
- An evolving service provider, Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Bronze Employer of Choice for 2015 & 2016, AWEI Gold Employer Award for 2017, AWEI Silver Employer Award for 2018, finalist for the Australian HR Awards 2017 and Top 3 Finalist in the Diversity Awards NZ for Cultural Celebrations
- We provide therapeutic practice support to families and the vulnerable children and young people in their care
- Full Time (37.5 hours /week, flexibility is required, travel within the community is an expectation of the role), office based in Toowoomba
Key Assets – The Children's Services Provider is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing high quality, innovative out of home family and community based placements for children and young people with varying needs and behaviours. Since 2007 our unique service has grown respect across 6 states within Australia and within the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
About the role
To be successful you will have a strong understanding and solid skills relating to out of home care (OOHC) and the foster care sector. You must also have a tertiary qualification in Social Work and be a member, or be eligible to be a member, of the AASW. Travel within and around your coverage area is an expectation of the role so flexibility is also an essential component.
As a Foster Carer Social Worker you will provide therapeutic placement support to foster carers, supervising their practice to ensure children and young people in out of home care receive a high quality service.
Responsibilities (Full Position Description details – See the TO APPLY details)
- Providing placement support to foster carers and supervising their practice to ensure children and young people in out of home care receive a high quality service.
- Work with internal stakeholders and external agencies to support the aims and objectives of care plans
- Carry out visits and assessments on potential foster carers
- Maintain case management documentation
- Attention to detail and be highly organised to ensure the completion of all documentation, for operational compliance
- and ensure compliance of business policies and child protection procedures.
Experience and Skills Required
- Be high energy and have a passion for delivering a high standard of service
- You must have a tertiary qualification in SOCIAL WORK (and you will be registered or eligible for registration with a recognised body) ESSENTIAL
- Be highly committed, resourceful, work to high standards and be an accomplished communicator
- Have a good working knowledge of relevant legislation arising from the various Child Protection Legislation and Government initiatives and agendas across Queensland ESSENTIAL
- Possess sound knowledge of child protection procedures and the Code of Conduct for Foster Carers. ESSENTIAL
- You will be a self-starter, comfortable with taking initiative, a creative problem solver and you will share your experience with a growing multi-disciplinary team of committed staff.
- And you will hold a recognised qualification in Social Work and at least two years' experience working with children and families + you will be a member, or be eligible to be a member, of the AASW
- Current Australian "C" class driving license, is a must as you will receive a company vehicle - ESSENTIAL
- The successful application will also be willing to undergo and satisfactorily complete relevant state based and personal checks - ESSENTIAL
- Salary Packaging +
- Company Vehicle including fuel card
- On Call Allowance
- laptop and mobile phone
- Ongoing Training and Supervision
The role will provide support and supervision to foster carers living in and around the Toowoomba region, you will travel within the community as an expectation for the role.
Again, you must be suitably qualified having obtained a relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work and be eligible for membership of the AASW
Prior experience of supporting foster carers will be highly regarded.
Link to Position Description : Supervising Social Worker (note: 'Supervising' Social Worker - You will be 'Supervising' Foster Carers and their practice to support the children and young peole in their care.)
Key Assets reserve the right to commence the interview process prior to the closing date.
For a private and confidential discussion please call Jacqueline Hudson (Team Manager) on 0407 985 335 or Melissa Hayes (Operations Manager) on (07) 3452 9900
** GENERAL DISCLOSURE STATEMENTS **
CLOSURE DATE: Vacancy Applications close as per the date provided in the advert details / Website vacancy page. These dates may also be extended if suitable applicants are not found. EOI Applications will remain open for individuals to lodge interest in working for our organisation. These are monitored periodically for talent pooling and suitable persons will be contacted by HR or our management team.
Key Assets reserve the right to commence the interview process prior to the campaign closing date. Campaigns may also be extended at any time.
CANDIDATE FEEDBACK: Due to the large number of Vacancy Applications and EOI's received, Key Assets declines to provide individual candidate feedback at APPLICATION STAGE, due to volumes. There may also be times when feedback is not provided, also due to volumes of posts advertised. Key Assets apologies in advanced.
ELIGIBILTY (for AUS and or NZ Vacancies): To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian/ New Zealand Citizen /Resident residing within the country of the advertised position at the time of application. For overseas applicants you will hold an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa with no restrictions on working within the country. It is preferred that you be in the country at the time of application to be available for our interview process however for suitably experienced and qualified applicants interview alternatives may be arranged.
HOURS: 'Casual' - Hours are needs based. Hours are also not consistent / regular. Full Time 37.5 hrs/wk flexibility required due to travel (as you will work within the community)
COMMENCEMENT: Occurs when all statutory and personal checks have been satisfactorily completed. Departmental checks may take up to 28 business days to process which can cause delays in commencement.
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.