VACANCY QLD - Foster Carer Social Worker (OOHC)
Ref: KAQLD7 - Toowoomba, Brisbane
FOSTER CARER SOCIAL WORKER - FULL TIME
* Application form located at the bottom *
Key Assets The Children’s Services Provider
- An evolving service provider, Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Bronze Employer of Choice for 2015 & 2016, AWEI Gold Employer Award for 2017, AWEI Silver Employer Award for 2018, finalist for the Australian HR Awards 2017 and Top 3 Finalist in the Diversity Awards NZ for Cultural Celebrations
- We provide therapeutic practice support to families and the vulnerable children and young people in their care
- Full Time (37.5 hours /week, flexibility is required, travel within the community is an expectation of the role), office based in Toowoomba
Key Assets – The Children's Services Provider is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing high quality, innovative out of home family and community based placements for children and young people with varying needs and behaviours. Since 2007 our unique service has grown respect across 6 states within Australia and within the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
To be successful you will have a strong understanding and solid skills relating to out of home care (OOHC) and the foster care sector. You must also have a tertiary qualification in Social Work. The role will primarily be based within the community working with foster carers, managing the education of carers and maintaining the safety of the child or young person in their care. Travel within and around your coverage area is an expectation of the role so flexibility and the ability to work unsupervised is an essential component.
To be successful in this role you will have empathy and an enormous passion to making a positive and lasting difference to our carers and children's lives.
- Providing placement support to foster carers, supervising their practice to ensure the continued safety and placement stability of our children and young people in OOHC
- Carry out Foster Care Assessments of potential foster carers
- Ensure the completion of all case management documentation, for operational compliance
- And to ensure compliance of business policies and child protection procedures
Experience and Skills Required
- Tertiary Qualification in Social Work (Essential)
- Be high energy and have a passion for delivering a high standard of service
- Have direct experience of providing Case Management support to children and families, is essential
- Be highly committed, resourceful, work to high standards and be an accomplished communicator
- Have a good working knowledge of relevant legislation arising from the various Child Protection Legislation and Government initiatives and Agendas across Queensland
- Possess sound knowledge of child protection procedures and the Code of Conduct for Foster Carers.
- Training and Assessment experience
- Experience in providing quality supervision
- You will be a self-starter, comfortable with taking initiative, a creative problem solver and you will share your experience with a growing multi-disciplinary team of committed staff.
- Current C class Australian driving license, is a must as you will receive a company vehicle
- Comprehensive understanding of foster care and experience in attachment theory
- And experience in trauma related behaviours
- And you will hold a recognised qualification in SOCIAL WORK + you will be a member, or be eligible to be a member, of the AASW
- Salary Packaging, including a company Vehicle & Fuel Card
- Mobile phone & Laptop
- On-Call allowance
- Quality Supervision
- on-going professional development
The role will provide support and supervision to staff and foster carers living in and around the Toowoomba and wider area, you will travel within the community as an expectation for the role.
Again, you must be suitably qualified having obtained a relevant Social Work qualification and be a member or eligible for membership of the AASW.
Prior experience of supporting foster carers and staff will be highly regarded.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Working with Children Check (or state equivalent) and a National Police Check prior to commencement.
Link to Position Description : Senior Social Worker (note: 'Supervising' Social Worker - You will be 'Supervising' Foster Carers and their practice to support the children and young peole in their care.)
Key Assets reserve the right to commence the interview process prior to the closing date.
For a private and confidential discussion please call Melissa Hayes (Operations Manager) on (07) 3452 9900
** GENERAL DISCLOSURE STATEMENTS **
CLOSURE DATE: Vacancy Applications close as per the date provided in the advert details / Website vacancy page. These dates may also be extended if suitable applicants are not found. EOI Applications will remain open for individuals to lodge interest in working for our organisation. These are monitored periodically for talent pooling and suitable persons will be contacted by HR or our management team.
Key Assets reserve the right to commence the interview process prior to the campaign closing date. Campaigns may also be extended at any time.
CANDIDATE FEEDBACK: Due to the large number of Vacancy Applications and EOI's received, Key Assets declines to provide individual candidate feedback at APPLICATION STAGE, due to volumes. There may also be times when feedback is not provided, also due to volumes of posts advertised. Key Assets apologies in advanced.
ELIGIBILTY (for AUS and or NZ Vacancies): To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian/ New Zealand Citizen /Resident residing within the country of the advertised position at the time of application. For overseas applicants you will hold an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa with no restrictions on working within the country. It is preferred that you be in the country at the time of application to be available for our interview process however for suitably experienced and qualified applicants interview alternatives may be arranged.
HOURS: 'Casual' - Hours are needs based. Hours are also not consistent / regular. Full Time 37.5 hrs/wk flexibility required due to travel (as you will work within the community)
COMMENCEMENT: Occurs when all statutory and personal checks have been satisfactorily completed. Departmental checks may take up to 28 business days to process which can cause delays in commencement.
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.