VACANCY QLD - Foster Care Social Worker
FOSTER CARE SOCIAL WORKER (QLD)
* Application located at the bottom of the page *
Key Assets The Children’s Services Provider
- An evolving service provider, Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Gold Employer for 2017
- Provide therapeutic support to vulnerable children and young people in Foster Care
- Excellent Rates and Allowances
Key Assets – The Children's Services Provider is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing high quality and innovative support to families by way of direct therapeutic support to children and young people, known to Child Protection, with varying needs and behaviours. Since 2007 our unique service has grown respect across 6 states within Australia and within the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
We currently require a qualified Social Worker to join our Brisbane team, located at Eight Mile Plains
QLD - FOSTER CARE SOCIAL WORKER (FULL TIME)
We welcome applications from qualified SOCIAL WORKERS to provide placement support to foster carers and supervise their practice to ensure children and young people in out of home care receive a high quality service.
- Have proven prior experience of the Out Of Home Care sector,
- Possess an open clean Australian drivers licence
- Must be formally qualified in Social Work, with a minimum of 2-3 years in the field
- Have strong case management experience
- Be experienced in report writing
- Have excellent time management skills
- You will be a self-starter, comfortable with taking initiative and be a creative problem solver
- Be high energy and share in our organisations vision and values
- Bring fresh ideas and a strong focus to providing a high quality service to our families and children & young people
- You will also be required to satisfactorily clear statutory checks, as part of the recruitment process
We thank you for your interest in working for our organisation.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Lana Horswill, Team Manager or Mick Austin, State Director on 07 3452 9900.
Applications for this role will close at 5pm on Sunday 4 February 2018.
Key Assets reserves the right to commence interviewing suitably qualified candidates prior to the above closing date.
Position Description - Supervising Social Workers
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.
** GENERAL DISCLOSURE STATEMENTS **
CLOSURE DATE: Vacancy Applications close as per the date provided in the advert details / Website vacancy page. These dates may also be extended if suitable applicants are not found. EOI Applications will remain open for individuals to lodge interest in working for our organisation. These are monitored periodically for talent pooling and suitable persons will be contacted by HR or our management team.
Key Assets reserve the right to commence the interview process prior to the campaign closing date. Campaigns may also be extended at any time.
CANDIDATE FEEDBACK: Due to the large number of Vacancy Applications and EOI's received, Key Assets declines to provide individual candidate feedback at APPLICATION STAGE, due to volumes. There may also be times when feedback is not provided, also due to volumes of posts advertised. Key Assets apologies in advanced.
ELIGIBILTY (for AUS and or NZ Vacancies): To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian/ New Zealand Citizen /Resident residing within the country of the advertised position at the time of application. For overseas applicants you will hold an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa with no restrictions on working within the country. It is preferred that you be in the country at the time of application to be available for our interview process however for suitably experienced and qualified applicants interview alternatives may be arranged.
HOURS: 'Casual' - Hours are needs based. Hours are also not consistent / regular. Full Time 37.5 hrs/wk flexibility required due to travel (as you will work within the community)
COMMENCEMENT: Occurs when all statutory and personal checks have been satisfactorily completed. Departmental checks may take up to 28 business days to process which can cause delays in commencement.