VACANCY QLD - FULL TIME Quality and Practice Officer
Ref: KAQLDSS1 - Brisbane, QLD
QUALITY AND PRACTICE OFFICER 12mth FIXED TERM
** Application located at the bottom of this page **
Key Assets The Children’s Services Provider
- An evolving service provider, Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Gold Employer for 2017
- Provide therapeutic practice support to families and the vulnerable children and young people in in their care
- Full time (37.5 hrs)
- Office based in Eight Mile Plains
Key Assets – The Children's Services Provider is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing high quality, innovative out of home family and community based placements for children and young people with varying needs and behaviours. Since 2007 our unique service has grown respect across 6 states within Australia and within the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our friendly and inclusive team in this newly created role of Quality and Practice Officer for an initial 12 month period.
About the role
In this role you will work closely with the Quality and Practice Manager to establish the function locally, supporting our operations across Australia and New Zealand. Key components of the position include the ability to develop, implement and review policy statements, performance standards, procedures and practice guidelines. You will also assist with audit preparation, risk monitoring and complaints/compliments. This varied role will also see you facilitating learning and developing sessions for staff and carers.
To be successful you will have a strong understanding and solid skills relating to policy frameworks and the foster care sector. You must also hold an Australian or equivalent Social Work qualification (recognised by the relevant training body).
- Contribute to the production, development, deployment and review of policy statements, performance standards, procedures and practice guidance to underpin the work of Key Assets in line with relevant law, regulations, and “best practice” guidance in Australia and New Zealand
- To support the Quality and Practice Manager to undertake functions in relation to risk monitoring, complaints and compliments
- To work with the Q&P Manager and jurisdictions to ensure that service provision is compliant with all relevant regulatory processes through timely research, advice and processes of internal audit and inspection.
Experience and Skills Required, as our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Expertise in policy review, with the ability to effectively address compliance requirements
- The ability to adapt to change and take a flexible approach to the requirements of your role as it develops within the organisation
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a high level of attention to detail
- Have a comprehensive working knowledge of relevant legislation pertaining to children’s services
- Previous experience in facilitating training group
- A formal qualification in Social Work or another Human Services field coupled with experience in QA/Inspection and or Policy Development would be highly regarded (and recognised by the relevant training body)
- Salary Packaging
- Supervision and on-going professional development
Again, you must be suitably qualified having obtained a relevant Social Work qualification or equivalent (and recognised by the relevant training body).
You will be commencing in this role right from the very beginning, your passion and drive for building a role and making it your own will be integral. Self-starters and those who love change are strongly encouraged to apply!
Successful applicants will be required to undergo statutory and personal checks prior to commencement.
Link to Position Description : Quality and Practice Officer
Key Assets reserve the right to commence the interview process prior to the closing date.
Closing Date: 24th September 2017
For a private and confidential conversation please call Meagan Probert on (07) 3452 9955 or 0408 445 228
INITIAL INTERVIEWS FOR THIS ROLE WILL OCCUR ON TUESDAY 26th SEPTEMBER 2017
CANDIDATE FEEDBACK: Due to the large number of applications and EOI's received, Key Assets declines to provide individual candidate feedback at application stage.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for consideration you must be an Australian resident, residing in Australia at the time of application and interview stage, or hold an appropriate Australian work visa that allows you to work without conditions.
APPLICATION: Please ensure you complete the questions as required and do not include such comments as, but not limited to 'Refer to Resume' etc. Our recruitment and selection/assessment procedures for all staff, contractors and foster carers are designed to safeguard children/young people by ensuring that only suitable individuals are appointed or approved. Please ensure this form is completed in full and that you demonstrate your skills/experience clearly within the application. CV’s/Resume's will be accepted and reviewed, but assessment is mainly based on this application form, so please ensure you provide adequate information for the above criteria and Position Description details.
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.