VACANCY SA - Foster Care Social Worker (12mth Fixed Term Parental Leave Cover)
Ref: KASAGD10 - Adelaide, SA
Key Assets The Children’s Services Provider
- An evolving service provider, Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Employer of Choice for 2015 & 2016, AWEI Gold Employer Award for 2017 and finalist for the Australian HR Awards 2017
- Providing therapeutic practice support to families and the vulnerable children and young people placed in their care
- Full Time (37.5 hrs per week, some flexibility required due to travel) ** PARENTAL LEAVE COVER 12mths Fixed Term **
- Office based in College Park, Adelaide
Key Assets – The Children's Services Provider is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing high quality, innovative out of home family and community based placements for children and young people with varying needs and behaviours. Since 2007 our unique service has grown respect across 6 states within Australia and within the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
To be successful you will have a strong understanding and solid skills relating to out of home care (OOHC) and the foster care sector. You must also have a tertiary qualification in Social Work and be a member, or be eligible to be a member, of the AASW. Travel within and around your coverage area is an expectation of the role so flexibility is also an essential component.
As a Foster Carer Social Worker you will provide therapeutic placement support to foster carers, supervising their practice to ensure children and young people in out of home care receive a high quality service.
Responsibilities (Full Position Description details – See the TO APPLY details)
- Providing placement support to foster carers and supervising their practice to ensure children and young people in out of home care receive a high quality service.
- Work with internal stakeholders and external agencies to support the aims and objectives of care plans
- Carry out visits and assessments on potential foster carers
- Maintain case management documentation
- Attention to detail and be highly organised to ensure the completion of all documentation, for operational compliance
- and ensure compliance of business policies and child protection procedures.
Experience and Skills Required
- Be high energy and have a passion for delivering a high standard of service
- You must have a tertiary qualification in SOCIAL WORK (and you will be registered or eligible for registration with a recognised body) ESSENTIAL
- Be highly committed, resourceful, work to high standards and be an accomplished communicator
- Have a good working knowledge of relevant legislation arising from the various Child Protection Legislation and Government initiatives and Agendas across South Australia ESSENTIAL
- Possess sound knowledge of child protection procedures and the Code of Conduct for Foster Carers. ESSENTIAL
- You will be a self-starter, comfortable with taking initiative, a creative problem solver and you will share your experience with a growing multi-disciplinary team of committed staff.
- And you will hold a recognised qualification in Social Work and at least two years' experience working with children and families + you will be a member, or be eligible to be a member, of the AASW
- Current Australian "C" class driving license, is a must as you will receive a company vehicle - ESSENTIAL
- The successful application will also be willing to undergo and satisfactorily complete relevant state based and personal checks - ESSENTIAL
- Salary Packaging +
- Company Vehicle including fuel card
- On Call Allowance
- laptop and mobile phone
- Ongoing Training and Supervision
The role will provide support and supervision to foster carers living across South Australia, you will travel within the community as an expectation for the role.
Again, you must be suitably qualified having obtained a relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work and be eligible for membership of the AASW
Prior experience of supporting foster carers will be highly regarded.
For a private and confidential discussion please call Clare Smith or Nusrat Harper on Ph (08) 8274 5900 during work hours
** Note: This is a Fixed Term Contract for Parental Leave Cover. 12mth Fixed Term period)
Link to Position Description : Supervising Social Worker (note: Supervising Social Worker - Your Supervising Foster Cares and their practice)
Key Assets reserve the right to commence the interview process prior to the closing date.
Closing Date: 10th December 2017
** DISCLOSURES **
CANDIDATE FEEDBACK: Due to the large number of applications and EOI's received, Key Assets declines to provide individual candidate feedback at application stage. There may also be times when feedback is not provided, due to volumes of posts advertised. Key Assets apologies in advanced.
ELIGIBILTY (for AUS and or NZ Vacancies): To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian/ New Zealand Citizen /Resident residing within the country of the advertised position at the time of application. For overseas applicants you will hold an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa with no restrictions on working within the country. It is preferred that you be in the country at the time of application to be available for our interview process however for suitably experienced and qualified applicants interview alternatives may be arranged.
HOURS: 'Casual' - Hours are needs based. Hours are also not consistent / regular
COMMENCEMENT: Occurs when all statutory and personal checks have been satisfactorily completed. Departmental checks may take up to 28 days to process which can cause delays.
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.