VACANCY SA - FULL TIME Children and Youth Support Services Worker (Foster Care)
Ref: KASAGD6 - College Park, Adelaide
DO YOU CARE AS MUCH ABOUT CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE AS WE DO?
Careers That Make a Difference!
Key Assets is a dynamic not-for-profit foster care provider seeking to provide high quality and innovative family placements for children & young people with varying needs. Key Assets is part of the international children’s services organisation, Core Assets, with over 20 years’ experience of meeting the needs of children and young people in out of home care.
Due to the growth of our service in Adelaide, we are looking to employ a Full Time Children and Youth Support Worker to provide a service supporting foster carers and the young people placed with them through the provision of direct work and support with our children and young people (C&YP).
POSITION DETAILS: FULL TIME, CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE SUPPORT WORKER (Foster Care)
Key Responsibilities, to;
- Support/Supervise children and youth (2yrs – 17yrs) on an individual or group basis
- Provide transport and/or escort children and young people where necessary and appropriate
- Ensuring our database is maintained and up to date, by way of concise recording
- Assist/ relieve in the children’s crèche
- Participate in support plans for children and young people
- Plan and arrange holiday programs and special events for our Children and Youth
- You may also liaise with other agencies and or external stakeholders and participate in meetings as required
The successful candidate will:
- Be someone who is full of energy
- Be experienced in support work – minimum of 2 years preferably in youth work and or Childcare / OOHSC and family support
- Have sound administrative skills and be computer literate
- Experience in working with children and young people who have complex needs and behaviours of concern
- Knowledge and experience of child abuse and trauma related behaviours
- Be a self-starter, able to take initiative and work as part of a team
- Have excellent organisational skills and an excellent communicator
- Have a strong commitment to the well-being of children and young people and their foster families
- Knowledge in or have worked with children in the out of home care setting
- Must have an open, clean Australian driver's license
- and must be prepared to undergo and satisfactorily complete all state required statutory checks
Salary Packaging + Car, Mobile and Laptop
A Certificate III or IV in Community Services, Youth Work or similar would be an advantage
If you feel as strongly as we do, that all children deserve to have access to quality family placements then this is the challenge for you.
For a private conversation regarding this exciting opportunity, please call Carol Sharland on (08) 8274 5900
KEY ASSETS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO INTERVIEW CANDIDATES PRIOR TO THE POST CLOSING DATE
Closing Date: 26th March 2017
Full Position Description - CYPSS Worker
Key Assets Fostering is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all appropriately qualified and experienced members of the community. In particular we welcome applications from people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background.