VACANCY TAS - Part Time Support Worker (South, North & North West)
Ref: KATASCB10 - South, North & North West, TAS
CHILDREN AND YOUTH SUPPORT WORKERS - 20 hours per week – ongoing position
(South, North & North West Tasmania)
** Application located at the bottom of this page **
Key Assets - The Children’s Services Provider
- An evolving service provider, Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Gold Employer for 2017
- Providing therapeutic support to foster carers and the children and young people placed with them
Key Assets – The Children's Services Provider is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing high quality, innovative out of home family and community based placements for children and young people with varying needs and behaviours. Since 2007 our unique service has grown respect across 6 states within Australia and within the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
We are currently seeking Children and Youth Support Workers (for the above regions) to provide support to foster carers and the young people placed with them.
This is a part time role, 20 per week with some flexibility required.
To be successful in this role you will have empathy and an enormous passion to making a positive and lasting difference to our children and young people’s lives
About the role
- Providing various types of support to Child and Youth placed in foster carer (Transport, Social/Community, Education and Mentoring)
- Collaborative support, advocating for the child and participation in our Team Parenting model
- Assist in care / behaviour plans for our children and young people
- Completion of required documentation, for operational compliance
- And ensure compliance of business policies and child protection procedures
- Assist with holiday programs and special events for our Children and Youth
Experience and Skills Required
- Be energetic and enthusiastic, have a passion for working with children and young people
- A certificate in Human Services and or a similar relevant field
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate
- Be confident and able to deal with difficult situations
- Proven experience in Youth work, Youth Detention, Residential Care and or OOHC
- Training / experience in child abuse / trauma related behaviours, youth Mental Health and similar
- Current Australian “C” Class driver license, is a must and your own fully insured/registered vehicle
- Availability during weekdays, during afternoon and early evenings (some weekend work may apply also).
- Applicants must reside in Australia to be eligible for consideration
- Must have a Working With Children Card relevant to the state for this post
Experience working in the OOHC sector and a Certificate III or IV in Community Services, Youth Work or similar would be an advantage.
- On-going Training and Supervision
- Salary Packaging and Superannuation
- Great workplace culture.
- Additional casual hours may be available
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a National and/or International Police Check prior to commencement.
For a private and confidential discussion please call Joanne Hilliard on Ph (03) 6283 1900 during work hours
Key Assets reserve the right to commence the interview process prior to the closing date.
Closing Date: Monday, 25th September 2017
Link to Position Description : Children and Youth Support Worker PD
** DISCLOSURES **
CANDIDATE FEEDBACK: Due to the large number of applications and EOI's received, Key Assets declines to provide individual candidate feedback at application stage.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for consideration you must be an Australian resident, residing in Australia at the time of application and interview stage, or hold an appropriate Australian work visa that allows you to work without conditions.
APPLICATION: Please ensure you complete the questions as required and do not include such comments as, but not limited to 'Refer to Resume' etc. Our recruitment and selection/assessment procedures for all staff, contractors and foster carers are designed to safeguard children/young people by ensuring that only suitable individuals are appointed or approved. Please ensure this form is completed in full and that you demonstrate your skills/experience clearly within the application. CV’s/Resume's will be accepted and reviewed, but assessment is mainly based on this application form, so please ensure you provide adequate information for the above criteria and Position Description details.
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.