VACANCY TAS - Therapist (Foster Care - Launceston - North/North West)
Ref: KATASCB4 - Launceston, TAS
Key Assets The Children’s Services Provider
- An evolving service provider, Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Gold Employer for 2017
- Provide practise support to foster carers and the children and young people placed with them
- Offices based in Launceston or Bernie, coverage area being North / North West
Key Assets – The Children's Services Provider is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing high quality, innovative out of home family and community based placements for children and young people with varying needs and behaviours. Since 2007 our unique service has grown respect across 6 states within Australia and within the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
You will have proven experience of working therapeutically with children and young people and their families/ Carers. You must have a tertiary qualification in counselling, systemic psychotherapy, family therapy, social work or clinical psychology (and you will be registered or eligible for registration with a recognised body) and be experienced in working systemically.
Travel within and around your coverage area is an expectation of the role so flexibility and the ability to work unsupervised is an essential component.
The successful applicant will also be required to have a current ‘C’ Class Australian driving license and be willing to undergo statutory and personal checks.
Responsibilities (Full Position Description details – See the TO APPLY details)
- Development and implementation of therapeutic plans for children with significant therapeutic needs, through specific programs.
- Work with carers, internal stakeholders and external agencies to support the aims and objectives of agreed therapeutic interventions.
- Participate /consult with key stakeholders with regards to the assessment of foster carers.
- You will have attention to detail and be highly organised to ensure the completion of all documentation, for operational compliance and ensure compliance of business policies and child protection procedures.
Experience and Skills Required
- You must have a tertiary qualification in counselling, systemic psychotherapy, family therapy, social work or clinical psychology (and you will be registered or eligible for registration with a recognised body) - ESSENTIAL
- Experience working therapeutically with children and young people and their families, and working systemically
- Experience in developing and implementing therapeutic plans
- Comprehensive working knowledge of relevant legislation, particularly relating to Child Protection and OOHC - ESSENTIAL
- Training and Assessment experience
- Proven experience in professional report writing
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with professionals in Health, Education and Child Safety Services and members within the community
- A comprehensive understanding of the impacts of trauma and associated behaviours and also of attachment theory - ESSENTIAL
- Current Australian driving license, is a must as you will receive a company vehicle - ESSENTIAL
- The successful application will also need to willing to undergo and satisfactorily complete relevant state based and personal checks - ESSENTIAL
- Salary Packaging
- Company Vehicle including fuel card
- laptop and phone
TO APPLY: To be considered for this role you must complete the Key Assets online application by visiting our website: http://www.keyassets.com.au/working-with-us/current-vacancies/ Ref# KATASCB4
For a private and confidential discussion please call Caroline Brown or Jo Hilliard on Ph (03) 6283 1900 during work hours
Link to Position Description : Therapist
Key Assets reserve the right to commence the interview process prior to the closing date.
Closing Date: Midday 12pm, 17th July 2017 (Interviews will be held on the 19th July)
** DISCLOSURES **
CANDIDATE FEEDBACK: Due to the large number of applications and EOI's received, Key Assets declines to provide individual candidate feedback at application stage.
ELIGIBILTY: To be eligible for consideration you must be an Australian resident or hold an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.
APPLICATION: Please ensure you complete the questions as required and do not include such comments as, but not limited to 'Refer to Resume' etc. Our recruitment and selection/assessment procedures for all staff, contractors and foster carers are designed to safeguard children/young people by ensuring that only suitable individuals are appointed or approved. Please ensure this form is completed in full and that you demonstrate your skills/experience clearly within the application. CV’s/Resume's will be accepted, but assessment is mainly based on this application form, so please ensure you provide adequate information for the above criteria and Position Description details.
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.