VACANCY VIC - FULL TIME Therapeutic Specialist (Foster Care)
Ref: KAVIC10 - Melbourne, Victoria
THERAPEUTIC SPECIALIST (Family Based Foster Care)
Key Assets The Children’s Services Provider
- An evolving service provider, Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Employer of Choice for 2015 & 2016, AWEI Gold Employer Award for 2017 and finalist for the Australian HR Awards 2017
- We provide therapeutic practice support to families and the vulnerable children and young people in their care
- Full Time (37.5 hours, flexibility is required due to travel), office based in Clayton, 3168
Key Assets – The Children's Services Provider is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing high quality, innovative out of home family and community based placements for children and young people with varying needs and behaviours. Since 2007 our unique service has grown respect across 6 states within Australia and within the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
About the Role
To be the Therapeutic Specialist you will take a lead role in the development of therapeutic plans and implementation for children and young people with significant therapeutic needs, through the Enhanced Home Based Care Program.
You will also provide therapeutic support to Foster Carers and Support Workers and work with our Social Workers to ensure high quality practice implementation and delivery of the Enhanced Home Based Care (EHBC) program.
The successful applicant will be part of a vibrant, energetic, and highly professional team committed to making a positive and lasting difference to the lives of children and young people.
- Provide therapeutic support and training to Foster Carers and Support Workers
- Collaborative support and participation in our Team Parenting model
- Provide high quality practice implementation and delivery of the Enhanced Home Based Care (EHBC) program.
- Assist in care / behaviour plans for our families, children and young people where required
- Completion of required documentation, for operational compliance
- And ensure compliance of business policies and child protection procedures
Skills and experience required
- Have experience of working with children and young people in care and/or those who care for them
- Be able to work systemically and with complex kinship and professional networks
- Hold a recognised relevant qualification in Clinical Psychology, systemic psychotherapy, family therapy, Clinical Social Work, and be registered or eligible for registration with a recognised body
- Have a sound knowledge of the impacts of trauma on children and of attachment theory
- Possess excellent organisational, communication and report writing skills
- Have experience of facilitating groups and carrying out broad based assessments drawing upon contemporary theory and research
Again, you must be suitably qualified having obtained a recognised relevant qualification in Clinical Psychology, systemic psychotherapy, family therapy, Clinical Social Work, and be registered or eligible for registration with a recognised body
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Working with Children Check and a National and/or International Police Check prior to commencement.
- Salary Packaging options
- Superannuation at 9.5%,
- On going supervision and professional development
- Motor vehicle
- and mobile phone and laptop
Link to Position Description: Therapeutic Specialist
If you feel as strongly as we do, that all children deserve to have access to quality family placements then this is the challenge for you.
For a private conversation regarding this exciting opportunity, please call Caroline Brown on 0438 838 948
(KEY ASSETS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO INTERVIEW SUITABLE INDIVIDUALS PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS CAMPAIGN, THIS CAMPAIGN MAY ALSO BE EXTENDED FURTHER)
Guideline closing date: 31st Jan 2018
** DISCLOSURE STATEMENTS **
CLOSURE DATE: Key Assets reserve the right to commence the interview process prior to the closing date.
CANDIDATE FEEDBACK: Due to the large number of applications and EOI's received, Key Assets declines to provide individual candidate feedback at application stage. There may also be times when feedback is not provided, due to volumes of posts advertised. Key Assets apologies in advanced.
ELIGIBILTY (for AUS and or NZ Vacancies): To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian/ New Zealand Citizen /Resident residing within the country of the advertised position at the time of application. For overseas applicants you will hold an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa with no restrictions on working within the country. It is preferred that you be in the country at the time of application to be available for our interview process however for suitably experienced and qualified applicants interview alternatives may be arranged.
HOURS: 'Casual' - Hours are needs based. Hours are also not consistent / regular. Full Time 37.5 hrs/wk flexibility required due to travel (as you will work within the community)
COMMENCEMENT: Occurs when all statutory and personal checks have been satisfactorily completed. Departmental checks may take up to 28 days to process which can cause delays.
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.