VACANCY VIC - Foster Care Social Worker
Ref: KAVICMB5 - Clayton, VIC
Key Assets The Children’s Services Provider
- An evolving service provider, Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Gold Employer for 2017
- Provide practice support to foster carers and the children and young people placed with them
- Office based in Clayton, service to the wider Melbourne region
Key Assets – The Children's Services Provider is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing high quality, innovative out of home family and community based placements for children and young people with varying needs and behaviours. Since 2007 our unique service has grown respect across 6 states within Australia and within the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
To be successful you will have a strong understanding and solid skills relating to out of home care (OOHC) and the foster care sector. You must also have a tertiary qualification in Social Work and be a member, or be eligible to be a member, of the AASW. Travel within and around your coverage area is an expectation of the role so flexibility is also an essential component.
As a Foster Carer Social Worker you will provide therapeutic placement support to foster carers, supervising their practice to ensure children and young people in out of home care receive a high quality service.
Responsibilities (Full Position Description details – See the TO APPLY details)
- Providing placement support to foster carers and supervising their practice to ensure children and young people in out of home care receive a high quality service.
- Work with internal stakeholders and external agencies to support the aims and objectives of care plans
- Carry out visits and assessments on potential foster carers
- Maintain case management documentation
- Attention to detail and be highly organised to ensure the completion of all documentation, for operational compliance
- and ensure compliance of business policies and child protection procedures.
Experience and Skills Required
- Be high energy and have a passion for delivering a high standard of service
- You must have a tertiary qualification in SOCIAL WORK (and you will be registered or eligible for registration with a recognised body) ESSENTIAL
- Be highly committed, resourceful, work to high standards and be an accomplished communicator
- Have a sound understanding of relevant legislation arising from the various Child Protection Legislation and Government initiatives and Agendas within Victoria ESSENTIAL
- Possess sound knowledge of child protection procedures and the Code of Conduct for Foster Carers ESSENTIAL
- You will be a self-starter, comfortable with taking initiative, a creative problem solver and you will share your experience with a growing multi-disciplinary team of committed staff.
- Current Australian "C" class driving license, is a must as you will receive a company vehicle - ESSENTIAL
- The successful applicant will also be willing to undergo and satisfactorily complete relevant state based and personal checks - ESSENTIAL
- On-going Training
- Salary Packaging
- Company Vehicle including fuel card
- laptop and phone
- Work with a friendly and professional team
The role will provide support and supervision to foster carers living within and around Melbourne city, you will travel within the community as an expectation for the role.
Again, you must be suitably qualified having obtained a relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work and be eligible for membership of the AASW
Prior experience of supporting foster carers will be highly regarded.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Working with Children Check (or state equivalent) and a National Police Check prior to commencement.
TO APPLY: To be considered for this role you must complete the Key Assets online application by visiting our website: http://www.keyassets.com.au/working-with-us/current-vacancies/
For a private and confidential discussion please call Michelle Baker on Ph (03) 9566 7800 during work hours
Link to Position Description : Supervising Social Worker (will be attached/included in the coming days)
(note: Supervising Social Worker - Your Supervising Foster Cares and their practice)
Key Assets reserve the right to commence the interview process prior to the closing date.
Closing Date: Sunday, 27th August 2017
** DISCLOSURES **
CANDIDATE FEEDBACK: Due to the large number of applications and EOI's received, Key Assets declines to provide individual candidate feedback at application stage.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for consideration you must be an Australian resident or hold an appropriate Australian work visa.
APPLICATION: Please ensure you complete the questions as required and do not include such comments as, but not limited to 'Refer to Resume' etc. Our recruitment and selection/assessment procedures for all staff, contractors and foster carers are designed to safeguard children/young people by ensuring that only suitable individuals are appointed or approved. Please ensure this form is completed in full and that you demonstrate your skills/experience clearly within the application. CV’s/Resume's will be accepted and reviewed, but assessment is mainly based on this application form, so please ensure you provide adequate information for the above criteria and Position Description details.
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.