VACANCY VIC - FULL TIME Therapeutic Specialist (Foster Care)
Ref: KAVICMB6 - Melbourne, Victoria
THERAPEUTIC SPECIALIST – Program Lead (Family Based Foster Care)
Key Assets The Children’s Services Provider
- An evolving service provider, Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Gold Employer for 2017
- Provide therapeutic support to vulnerable children and young people in Foster Care
- Full Time (37.5 hours, flexibility is required due to travel)
Key Assets – The Children's Services Provider is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing high quality, innovative out of home family and community based placements for children and young people with varying needs and behaviours. Since 2007 our unique service has grown respect across 6 states within Australia and within the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
About the Role
To be the Therapeutic Specialist – Program Lead, you will be the Program Lead for Key Assets in the West Division. You will provide line management, supervision, support and training to Social Workers, Foster Carers and Support Workers to ensure high quality practice implementation and delivery of the Enhanced Home Based Care (EHBC) program.
The successful applicant will be part of a vibrant, energetic, and highly professional team committed to making a positive and lasting difference to the lives of children and young people.
We are also very supportive and welcoming – this is a great place to work!
- Provide supervision, support and training to Social Workers, Foster Carers and Support Workers
- Collaborative support and participation in our Team Parenting model
- Provide high quality practice implementation and delivery of the Enhanced Home Based Care (EHBC) program.
- Assist in care / behaviour plans for our families, children and young people where required
- Completion of required documentation, for operational compliance
- And ensure compliance of business policies and child protection procedures
Skills and experience required
- Have experience of working with children and young people in care and/or those who care for them
- Be able to work systemically and with complex kinship and professional networks
- Hold a recognised relevant qualification in Clinical Psychology, systemic psychotherapy, family therapy, Clinical Social Work, and be registered or eligible for registration with a recognised body
- Have a sound knowledge of the impacts of trauma on children and of attachment theory
- Possess excellent organisational, communication and report writing skills
- Have experience of facilitating groups and carrying out broad based assessments drawing upon contemporary theory and research
Again, you must be suitably qualified having obtained a recognised relevant qualification in Clinical Psychology, systemic psychotherapy, family therapy, Clinical Social Work, and be registered or eligible for registration with a recognised body
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Working with Children Check and a National and/or International Police Check prior to commencement.
- Company Vehicle and fuel card
- Salary Packaging
- On going professional development
- and on going professional Supervision
Link to Position Description: Therapeutic Specialist - Program Lead
For a private and confidential conversation regarding this opportunity, please call Michelle Baker on (03) 9566 7800
Key Assets reserves the right to interview and or appoint suitable candidates before the closing date of this campaign.
Closing Date: 30th September 2017
** DISCLOSURE STATEMENTS **
CANDIDATE FEEDBACK: Due to the large number of applications and EOI's received, Key Assets declines to provide individual candidate feedback at application stage. Feedback will only be provided should you not be successful in interview.
ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for consideration it is preferred that you reside in Australia in order to carry out the interview process. You will be an Australian citizen / permanent resident or hold an appropriate and valid Australian work visa that allows you to work within Australia, without restriction/s.
APPLICATION: Please ensure you complete the questions as required and do not include such comments as, but not limited to 'Refer to Resume' etc. Our recruitment and selection/assessment procedures for all staff, contractors and foster carers are designed to safeguard children/young people by ensuring that only suitable individuals are appointed or approved. Please ensure this form is completed in full and that you demonstrate your skills/experience clearly within the application. CV’s/Resume's will be accepted and reviewed, but assessment is mainly based on this application form, so please ensure you provide adequate information for the above criteria and Position Description details.
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.