VACANCY VIC - FULL TIME Case Manager/ Social Worker (Foster Care)
Ref: KAVICMB7 - Melbourne, Victoria
Case Manager/Social Worker 'Key Worker' (Foster Care) – Full Time
* Application form is located below the following information *
Key Assets The Children’s Services Provider
- An evolving service provider, Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Employer of Choice for 2015 & 2016, AWEI Gold Employer Award for 2017 and finalist for the Australian HR Awards 2017
- Provide practise support to foster carers and the children and young people placed with them
- Support a caseload of foster care families
Key Assets – The Children's Services Provider is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing high quality, innovative out of home family and community based placements for children and young people with varying needs and behaviours. Since 2007 our unique service has grown respect across 6 states within Australia and within the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
We currently require a Case Manager / Social Worker 'Key Worker' (Foster Care) to join our friendly and inclusive team in our Melbourne office.
To be successful you will have a strong understanding and solid skills relating to out of home care (OOHC) and the foster care sector. You MUST also have a tertiary qualification in Social Work and it be recognised by AASW The role will primarily be based within the community working with foster carers, managing the education of carers and maintaining the safety of the child or young person in care. Travel within and around your coverage area is an expectation of the role so flexibility and the ability to work unsupervised is an essential component.
- Providing placement support to foster carers and supervising their practice to ensure the continued safety and placement stability of our children and young people in OOHC
- Carry out Foster Care Assessments of potential foster carers
- Facilitate, encourage and support contact as agreed in care plans
- Ensure the completion of all case management documentation, for operational compliance
- And to ensure compliance of business policies and child protection procedures
Experience and Skills Required
- Tertiary Qualification in Social Work (ESSENTIAL)
- Certificate in Share Lives, Shared Stories and Step by Step (ESSENTIAL)
- Training and Assessment experience
- Experience in areas of trauma, attachment theory and associated behaviours
- Current Australian driving license, is a must as you will receive a company vehicle
- Comprehensive understanding of foster care and experience in attachment theory
- Salary Packaging
- On-Call allowance
- Company Vehicle including fuel card
- Laptop and phone
- Office based in Clayton, 3168
For a private and confidential discussion please call Lisa Ranahan on 0439 915 641
(KEY ASSETS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO INTERVIEW SUITABLE INDIVIDUALS PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS CAMPAIGN, THIS CAMPAIGN MAY ALSO BE EXTENDED FURTHER)
Guideline closing date: 28th Feb 2018
Link to Position Description : Supervising Social Worker / Case Manager
** please note: Within the PD 'Supervising' Social Worker refers to the supervision of foster carers and their practice **
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.
** GENERAL DISCLOSURE STATEMENTS **
CLOSURE DATE: Vacancy Applications close as per the date provided in the advert details / Website vacancy page. These dates may also be extended if suitable applicants are not found. EOI Applications will remain open for individuals to lodge interest in working for our organisation. These are monitored periodically for talent pooling and suitable persons will be contacted by HR or our management team.
Key Assets reserve the right to commence the interview process prior to the campaign closing date. Campaigns may also be extended at any time.
CANDIDATE FEEDBACK: Due to the large number of Vacancy Applications and EOI's received, Key Assets declines to provide individual candidate feedback at APPLICATION STAGE, due to volumes. There may also be times when feedback is not provided, also due to volumes of posts advertised. Key Assets apologies in advanced.
ELIGIBILTY (for AUS and or NZ Vacancies): To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian/ New Zealand Citizen /Resident residing within the country of the advertised position at the time of application. For overseas applicants you will hold an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa with no restrictions on working within the country. It is preferred that you be in the country at the time of application to be available for our interview process however for suitably experienced and qualified applicants interview alternatives may be arranged.
HOURS: 'Casual' - Hours are needs based. Hours are also not consistent / regular. Full Time 37.5 hrs/wk flexibility required due to travel (as you will work within the community)
COMMENCEMENT: Occurs when all statutory and personal checks have been satisfactorily completed. Departmental checks may take up to 28 business days to process which can cause delays in commencement.