VACANCY VIC - State Director (Foster Care)
Ref: KAVICMB9 - Clayton, VIC
STATE DIRECTOR (SOCIAL WORK / FOSTER CARE) - FULL TIME
** Application located at the bottom of this page **
An exciting opportunity exists to play a key role in the future success of our growing service within our Melbourne office, Key Assets – The Children's Services Provider.
Key Assets - The Children’s Services Provider
- An evolving service provider, Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Employer of Choice for 2015 & 2016, AWEI Gold Employer Award for 2017 and finalist for the Australian HR Awards 2017.
- KA provides therapeutic practice support to families and the vulnerable children and young people in their care
- Full time, office based in Clayton, 3168
Key Assets – The Children's Services Provider is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing high quality, innovative out of home family and community based placements for children and young people with varying needs and behaviours. Since 2007 our unique service has grown respect across 6 states within Australia and within the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
About the role, as the STATE DIRECTOR you will manage, develop, promote and oversee the delivery of the range of Key Assets Services and Fostering Services for the State of Victoria. You will set exemplary standards of behaviour and performance, promoting the vision and values of Key Assets and work collaboratively with respect and integrity.
Key Components of the role:
- Lead and manage the effective operation of Key Assets Victoria based Service, working collaboratively with respect and integrity.
- Ensure full compliance in all aspects of legislative requirements, regulatory frameworks and company policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement a KA Business Plan that is consistent with the strategic plan, mission and objectives of Key Assets Australasia
- Develop and promote growth of Key Assets within the region
- Develop partnerships locally with both existing and new customers
- Effectively manage Key Assets staff, promoting an inclusive and collaborative culture, all while modelling the Key Assets values and vision
- Ensuring effective relationships are maintained with all key stakeholders and services are in line with their needs
- Report to Key Assets Senior Leaders and actively participate and contribute in Key Assets Leadership Meeting (KALM)
Experience and Skills Required
- You will hold a degree level qualification in Social Work (other equivalent qualifications in related disciplines may be considered)
- and you may also hold an advanced professional qualification relating to management and/or business
- You will show extensive experience of working as a manager and practitioner in a social work related setting with young people experiencing significant social disadvantage
- and as a must you will have excellent working knowledge of relevant legislation arising from the various Child Protection Legislation and Government initiatives and Agendas across the State of Victoria and you will possess excellent knowledge of Child Protection Procedures
- You will also have considerable experience of working at a management level in a target, outcomes driven service delivery environment
- Salary Packaging options + Motor vehicle
- On going supervision and professional development
- and mobile phone and laptop
If you feel as strongly as we do, that all children deserve to have access to quality family placements then this is the challenge for you.
For a private conversation regarding this exciting opportunity, please call Caroline Brown on 0438 838 948
Position Description Link : State Director PD
(KEY ASSETS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO INTERVIEW SUITABLE INDIVIDUALS PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS CAMPAIGN, THIS CAMPAIGN MAY ALSO BE EXTENDED FURTHER)
Closing Date: Sun, 26th November 2017
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.
** DISCLOSURE STATEMENTS **
CANDIDATE FEEDBACK: Due to the large number of applications and EOI's received, Key Assets declines to provide individual candidate feedback at application stage. There may also be times when feedback is not provided, due to volumes of posts advertised. Key Assets apologies in advanced.
ELIGIBILTY (for AUS and or NZ Vacancies): To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian/ New Zealand Citizen /Resident residing within the country of the advertised position at the time of application. For overseas applicants you will hold an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa with no restrictions on working within the country. It is preferred that you be in the country at the time of application to be available for our interview process however for suitably experienced and qualified applicants interview alternatives may be arranged.
HOURS: 'Casual' - Hours are needs based. Hours are also not consistent / regular, 'Full Time' - 37.5 hrs per week but flexibility required for travel within the community.
COMMENCEMENT: Occurs when all statutory and personal checks have been satisfactorily completed. Departmental checks may take up to 28 days to process which can cause delays