VACANCY WA - Key Worker (Disability Services)
Ref: KAWA03 - Bunbury, WA
KEY WORKER (DISABILITY SERVICES) - Perm Part Time
*Application located at the bottom of this page*
KEY WORKER (Snr Support Worker), Bunbury, (min 10 hours pw permanent)
Key Assets - The Children’s Services Provider
- An evolving not for profit, Out of Home Care and Disability Services provider, located Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Bronze Employer of Choice for 2015 & 2016, AWEI Gold Employer Award for 2017, AWEI Silver Employer Award for 2018, AWEI Small Employer of the Year 2015 - 2018, WA Disability Support Awards finalist, finalist for the Australian HR Awards 2017 and Top 3 Finalist in the Diversity Awards NZ for Cultural Celebrations
- Key Assets provides therapeutic practice and disability support to families and the vulnerable children and young people
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our friendly and inclusive team Team, based in Bunbury and covering the South West.
About the role
The position is for a minimum of 10 permanent hours per week, however additional hours will be available each week up to a maximum total of 37.5 hours. As the KEY WORKER (ie Senior Support Worker) you will provide comprehensive and flexible support to children/young people in foster care, and young people with a disability..
- To work with Key Assets Social Workers and other staff as part of a team.
- Participate and contribute to the assessment, development and delivery of individual plans for children and young people
- Observe and implement Child Protection and Child Safe Procedures and the National Standards for Disability Services and adhere to safer caring guidelines
- Liaise with other agencies and professionals as directed, including participating with other team members in developing community contacts/networks on behalf of individuals in our care
- To work directly with children/young people, encouraging and developing each individual’s social, physical, intellectual, cultural, emotional and religious needs or/and any special needs they may have.
- To promote Key Assets as an NDIS provider and be the initial contact when providing information about our service to new NDIS clients.
To plan, implement and participate in school holiday programmes and activities which take account to individual and group needs.
Full Position Description Details: Key Worker
Experience and Skills Required
- Training and or qualifications in youth or community services
- Be highly energised and have a passion for delivering a high standard of service
- Be highly committed, resourceful and work to high standards
- Be an accomplished communicator, both verbal and written (ability to prepare, report writing for reviews, case conferences and courts)
- Have previous experience Out Of Home Care and or in Disability Services (NDIS)
- Be a self-starter, comfortable with taking initiative and have creative problem solving skills
- Be able to work flexibly and be dependable
- Sound knowledge of Child Protection Procedures and National Standards for Disability Services
- Successful applicants will be required to undergo statutory and personal checks prior to commencement
- Mobile and fuel card included
- On-going Training and Supervision
- Salary Packaging and Superannuation 9.5%
- Great workplace culture
- Office based in Bunbury
Link to Position Description : Key Worker
For any questions regarding this exciting opportunity, please call Natalie McFarlane (Disability Practice Leader) on (08) 9207 5900
(KEY ASSETS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO INTERVIEW SUITABLE INDIVIDUALS PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS CAMPAIGN, THIS CAMPAIGN MAY ALSO BE EXTENDED AT ANY TIME)
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.
** GENERAL DISCLOSURE STATEMENTS **
CLOSURE DATE: Vacancy Applications close as per the date provided in the advert details / Website vacancy page. These dates may also be extended if suitable applicants are not found. EOI Applications will remain open for individuals to lodge interest in working for our organisation. These are monitored periodically for talent pooling and suitable persons will be contacted by HR or our management team.
Key Assets reserve the right to commence the interview process prior to the campaign closing date. Campaigns may also be extended at any time.
CANDIDATE FEEDBACK: Due to the large number of Vacancy Applications and EOI's received, Key Assets declines to provide individual candidate feedback at APPLICATION STAGE, due to volumes. There may also be times when feedback is not provided, also due to volumes of posts advertised. Key Assets apologies in advanced.
ELIGIBILTY (for AUS and or NZ Vacancies): To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian/ New Zealand Citizen /Resident residing within the country of the advertised position at the time of application. For overseas applicants you will hold an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa with no restrictions on working within the country. It is preferred that you be in the country at the time of application to be available for our interview process however for suitably experienced and qualified applicants interview alternatives may be arranged.
HOURS: Full Time 37.5 hrs/wk flexibility required due to travel (as you will work within the community), 'Casual' - Hours are needs based. Hours are also not consistent / regular.
COMMENCEMENT: Occurs when all statutory and personal checks have been satisfactorily completed. Departmental checks may take up to 28 business days to process which can cause delays in commencement.