VACANCY WA - Casual Children and Youth Support Workers (Kununurra)
Ref: KAWAJW3 - Kununurra, East Kimberley
DO YOU CARE AS MUCH ABOUT CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE AS WE DO?
Careers That Make a Difference!
** Casual Children and Young People Support / Children and Youth Disability Support (Complex Needs/Trauma) **
Key Assets – The Children’s Services Provider (Western Australia) is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing high quality,
innovative out of home family and community based placements for children and young people with 'complex needs' or disability.
Key Assets is part of the Core Assets Group which operates in 13 countries and provides a range of child and family social services.
Applications are welcomed for * Casual* Children and Young People Support / Children and Young People Disability Support Workers (CYPSS)
for the Kununurra, East Kimberley region.
** Casual Hours - Work is needs based, work is not consistent or systemic **
CYPSS Workers are responsible for supporting foster carers and the young people placed with them through the provision of direct work and support with children and young people, as and when required. This work is varied and includes planning and supporting activities, individual and group work, and transportation and supervising family contact.
You will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with taking initiative, a creative problem solver, sharing your experience with a multi-disciplinary team of committed staff.
We look for the following attributes :
- Experience in mental health & disability/autism
- Available during weekdays, during afternoon and early evenings.
- Have experience in dealing with children and Young people with 'complex needs' and trauma related behaviours
- must have prior experience in working with children and young people of all ages.
- Full, clean open Australian drivers license and access to a fully insured car is also an essential requirement
- Must have a valid/current Working With Children Check for WA
- Stat Checks will be completed on all new staff as part of our recruitment process
This role would also suit someone who is currently studying in Youth Work, Human Services, Psychology and or Social work.
Position Description - Casual CYP Support Services Worker
For further information about casual support work in East Kimberley, please call Marni Purtill on 0437 133 289 or Sarah Whitelaw on (07) 3452 9900
(Applications are also available, please call Marni Purtill on 0437 133 289 to arrange pick up from the office)
Key Assets Fostering is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all appropriately qualified and experienced
members of the community.
In particular we welcome applications from people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background.