VACANCY WA - Disability Social Worker (FULL TIME)
Ref: KAWAJW6 - Stirling, Perth
Key Assets The Children’s Services Provider
* Application form located at the bottom *
- Providing high quality children, youth and family services Australia wide
- Part of an international group of children, youth and family service providers
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Employer of Choice for 2015 & 2016, AWEI Gold Employer Award for 2017 and finalist for the Australian HR Awards 2017
Key Assets – The Children's Services Provider is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing innovative disability services and out of home care placements for vulnerable children and young people
Due to the growth of our service we now require a Social Worker to join our professional, friendly and inclusive Disability team in the Stirling office, 7 km north of Perth CBD.
To be successful you will have a strong understanding and solid skills relating to contemporary practice in disability services. You MUST also have a tertiary qualification in Social Work recognised by the AASW and or SPSW.
The role will primarily be working in the community with children and young people with disability and their care teams. This will include children in foster care, young people who have left care, and children and young people living with their family.
Responsibilities (Full Position Description below)
- Case management of young people with disability over the age of 18 years who are living independently or with Key Assets carers
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes for children and young people
- Working as part of a team demonstrating trauma informed practice with children and young people who have suffered trauma, loss, neglect and/or abuse
- Monitoring and reviewing the suitability and competence of carers ensuring they provide a safe, healthy, nurturing and learning environment for children and young people.
- To conduct annual Carer Reviews. To undertake assessments of potential carers. To present Assessment Reports to the Key Assets Panel.
Experience and Skills Required
- Tertiary Qualification in Social Work (ESSENTIAL)
- Experience in Disability, and knowledge of the impact of trauma, and of attachment
- Current Australian driving licence
- Salary Packaging - Company Vehicle including fuel card
- On-Call allowance when rostered on call
- Laptop and phone
- On-going professional training and supervision
- Full time, 37.5 hrs with flexibility required for travel within and around the community
The role will provide support and supervision in the community to Ability Carers, and to young people living independently in the Perth and Peel regions.
Again, you must be suitably qualified having obtained a relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work and be eligible for membership of the AASW and or SPSW.
For a private and confidential discussion please call Natalie McFarlane Disability Practice Leader 08 9207 5900
Link to Position Description : Social Worker (Disabilities)
Key Assets reserve the right to commence the interview process prior to the closing date.
Closing Date: 19th November 2017
** DISCLOSURES **
CANDIDATE FEEDBACK: Due to the large number of applications and EOI's received, Key Assets declines to provide individual candidate feedback at application stage. There may also be times when feedback is not provided, due to volumes of posts advertised. Key Assets apologies in advanced.
ELIGIBILTY (for AUS and or NZ Vacancies): To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian/ New Zealand Citizen /Resident residing within the country of the advertised position at the time of application. For overseas applicants you will hold an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa with no restrictions on working within the country. It is preferred that you be in the country at the time of application to be available for our interview process however for suitably experienced and qualified applicants interview alternatives may be arranged.
HOURS: 'Casual' - Hours are needs based. Hours are also not consistent / regular, 'Full Time' - 37.5 hrs per week but flexibility required for travel within the community.
COMMENCEMENT: Occurs when all statutory and personal checks have been satisfactorily completed. Departmental checks may take up to 28 days to process which can cause delays
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.