Berry Picker / Harvest
Kaipaki Berryfruits Limited trading as Kaipaki Berries is a New Zealand owned agricultural business growing a berry crop portfolio and is built on strong ethical values. We will grow strawberries, raspberries and blackberries.
The available positions are an exciting opportunity for you to enter a growing industry that will consistently evolve. You will implement technologies and processes for a result in increased efficiencies and profit; whilst creating a culture of trust, autonomy, teamwork and open communication within company guidelines.
Career progression is very much an opportunity with these roles. You will start on a casual basis with the opportunity to fill one of our fixed term / permanent roles. Your wage will be based on an hourly rate, with performance bonus incentives.
In joining our team, you will ensure all health and safety policy and procedures are adhered to for the safety of yourself and others. You are to complete your tasks and responsibilities to the quality and quantity standards stipulated by the management of Kaipaki Berries.
About the Opportunity:
Kaipaki Berries now has ongoing opportunities for both new and experienced strawberry pickers who are motivated and driven to join our team.
Kaipaki Berries harvest period this season will run from January through to late June. As the fruit needs to be picked in the cool of the day, work will often start at daybreak. We harvest our berries seven days a week throughout the season, with rostered shifts varying between six or seven days a week. This will vary due to changing weather conditions, crop timings and market demand. You must be flexible in your work pattern to accommodate the varying fruit harvest levels required.
- You will be proactive, and be able to multitask.
- You will have a good work ethic, and be able to work under pressure with a positive attitude.
- Have good time management skills.
- Enjoy working as part of a team, and independently.
- Be positive and approachable.
- Must be able to understand and/or speak English.
- Be prepared to work extended hours and weekends.
- Be punctual and reliable for rostered shifts.
- Must be adaptable to different priorities as the season changes.
- You must be comfortable in an ever-changing environment and able to respond to problems as needed.
- You will be organised, flexible, and an adaptable person with a "Can Do" mentality.
- You must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 months work.
About the Benefits:
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing operation.
- You will be joining a supportive team who truly care about their employees and love to celebrate each others’ success.
- For your hard work and dedication, Kaipaki Berries will offer you a base hourly rate plus kiwisaver, proportionate with your skills and experience.
- Kaipaki Berries is passionate about career development and personal growth for staff. As such, we provide many opportunities for training and development.
You will have / be:
o Reliable transport
o Sharing our core values of service quality, integrity and innovation
o Knowledge / awareness of health and safety precautions of the industry
o Exhibiting a commitment to safety in all aspects of work
o Willing and able to work in the elements (outdoors in all weather conditions, and in a team environment)
o Able to communicate effectively (with diverse nationalities)
o Flexible and available to work weekends
o Available for early morning starts with possible extra hours of work to ensure jobs are done
o Able to acquire good speed and to learn manual tasks
o Able to follow instructions; learn and apply new processes quickly
o Able to measure and calculate trays/pallets
o Able to stand for long periods of time
o Physically fit and energetic with a friendly positive attitude
o Hard working and reliable with attention to detail and accuracy
Please detail any previous experience you have had to match the roles. The work will be physically demanding. It will involve reaching above your head and/or bending over for periods of time. Being in a good healthy physical condition is essential in completing this work. Various start dates and duration of work will apply.
Only successful applicants will be contacted. You must state your right to work in New Zealand.