Kiama Municipality boasts lush rolling hills, unspoilt beaches, ancient rainforests, welcoming towns and villages and of course our two famous blowholes. Home to almost 23,000 people from Minnamurra in the north to the white sands of Gerroa to the south.
- Great coastal lifestyle
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enjoy work life balance
Join our dedicated and enthusiastic team who are committed to creating a Municipality that has a healthy, vibrant, beautiful environment and harmonious connected and resilient community. We are focused on, not only achieving our organisational goals but assisting staff to realise their professional and personal goals.
This position oversees the Financial Accounting function within the Finance Section and is responsible for:
- coordinating the timely preparation of the annual financial statements for audit and approval by Council
- management and reconciliation of Council’s investment portfolio, ensuring all investments comply with Council’s investment policy
- Council’s taxation requirements, including FBT, GST, etc
- monthly reconciliation of Council’s Asset Register with the General Ledger
- all General Ledger Reconciliations on a monthly basis
- reconciliation of all of Council’s bank accounts
- review and update of finance related policies
- other areas including:
- fees and charges
- Section 94.
- Permanent full time, 35 hours per week
- Salary from $1609.90 to $1900.50 weekly (depending on qualifications, skills and experience)
- Plus 9.5% superannuation
- Plus a leaseback vehicle, phone and laptop
- Plus access to the Fitness Passport
For further information about this position, click here for a copy of the position description.
Contact: Rob Owens, Director Corporate and Commercial Services on 0490 421 925.
Closing Date: Wednesday 17 July at 23.30pm
For more information on how to apply, view our Information for Applicants Guide.
Does this sound like the job for you? If so, answer all the questions below and on the NEXT page attach your resume.
We pride ourselves on being One Council | One Team with our values
Respect | Integrity | Innovation | Teamwork | Excellence
underpinning everything we do.