Placemaking Officer (Lismore Quadrangle) - Fixed Term
About this position
Lismore City Council reflects and represents our diverse local community. People with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants and female applicants are therefore strongly encouraged to apply for all advertised vacancies.
Fixed Term Contract for 3 Years, Part-time:
Hours of Work: 30 hours per week. Some evening and weekend work will be required for the program of events and activities.
Salary: $31.19 (Grade 10 Entry) to $35.87 (Grade 10 Step 4) per hour + super
Closing date: Extended - Sunday, 13 August 2017 @ 4.00pm
Contact: Brett Adlington, Gallery Director on 02 6627 4600 or 0427 270 064
- No paper applications will be accepted therefore all applications are to be submitted online through Council's eRecruitment portal.
- We are no longer accepting late applications therefore please allow yourself enough time to submit your application prior to the extended closing date of 13 August, 4.00pm deadline.
- The Placemaking Officer (Lismore Quadrangle) will ensure the successful ongoing management and implementation of placemaking initiatives at the newly created Quad (Lismore Quadrangle).
- The Quad is the new central public square and meeting place of Lismore that leverages off its strategic location set between Lismore Library, Northern Rivers Conservatorium and the new Lismore Regional Gallery. The development aims to become ‘Lismore’s Creative Playground’ and be known as the ‘community heart’ for all in Lismore. The Quad has been identified as a key project in Lismore City Council’s Community Strategic Plan 2017 – 2027.
Full position description here
- The right person for this role will be self-motivated, proactive, observant and aware
- They will be a team player
- They will embody Council’s values
- They will be passionate about strengthening the local community
- They will display a high attention to detail
- They will use initiative to solve problems and make improvements
- Show acceptance of personal responsibility for safe workplace behaviour
Conditions of Employment
Conditions of employment are in the Local Government (State) Award and relevant Council policy, procedures and agreements.
A Pre-Placement Health Assessment shall be conducted prior to any offer of appointment and as part of the pre-placement health assessment candidates will be required to undertake a drug test.
What do we need from you:
- Relevant experience with event management and/or Community capacity building projects
- A demonstrated understanding of Place-making and how it can be utilised in the creation of public spaces
- A relevant Diploma or Certificate in Event Management/Project Management/Place-making/Urban Design and/or relevant work experience
- Possession of a current Class C Driver’s License (Standard Drivers Licence)
- First Aid Certificate
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate (Desirable)
You will be asked a question about our values in the online application form. You can find more detailed information on our values on our eRecruitment portal.
Our values were created as part of a consultative ‘Values Project’ involving staff across the organisation. Our values are to respect, to strive, to be passionate and to communicate. We expect anyone who applies for a job with us to be aligned with these values. Our catchphrase is 'Values begins with a V but start with you.’ We want our organisation to be full of talented people who believe in our values.