Pathway Planning Coordinator - Toowoomba
About the role
This is a full time position.
(although part time hours can be accommodated on a short terms basis for the right applicant)
As Pathway Planning Coordinator you will be responsible for:
- Receiving and screening client referrals including undertaking comprehensive assessments of the individual needs of new clients;
- Designing appropriate packages of services for new and existing clients;
- Implementing and providing ongoing review and coordination of the delivery of services to clients;
- Conducting regular reviews and initiating case planning meetings;
- Acting as an advocate on behalf of the client when necessary;
- Liaising with local service providers ensuring a coordinated system of service provision;
- Participating in relevant local case and service planning meetings, service consultations and coordination processes;
- Ensuring that duties are undertaken in a coordinated and integrated manner within LCC;
- Maintaining comprehensive and up to date client records;
- Monitoring the cost of individual care packages to ensure they are within the budget allocated;
- Preparing all financial and statistical data and maintaining administrative records as applicable;
- Advising and liaising with the Program Co-ordinator and Management in respect to local issues including planning and implementation of the Program at the local level;
- Participating in program planning meetings and other quality assurance activities;
- Monitoring programs and reviewing processes to ensure efficient and effective operation within the philosophy, aims and objectives of the Program;
- Ensuring that activities are undertaken at all times in accordance with program philosophy, policies and guidelines toward achievement of the Program’s aims and objectives.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- thorough contemporary knowledge and understanding of the NDIS and plan management as well as Disability and Home Care Packages;
- effective communication skills particularly within a wide range of geographically and culturally diverse internal and external stakeholders;
- respect and understanding of the client’s right to informed choice, independence and determination of services required and delivered.
In addition you will
- possess tertiary qualifications in a health science field (e.g. Psychology, OT, Social work etc.) or other relevant health-related area
- be competent using the Microsoft Office Suite and may have knowledge of Procura (or similar)
- maintain a current Australian Driver’s License, positive Federal police check and Working with Children (Blue Card) check
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any offer of employment.
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
LCC sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. Please email queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.