Lifestyle Manager - Nundah
About the role
This is a part time position, working 70 hours per fortnight.
As Lifestyle Manager you will be responsible for:
- The management of a multilayered Lifestyle team;
- Assessing individual residents’ needs with regard to their interests, social/cultural history and spiritual needs;
- Planning, coordinating, implementing and reviewing individual and group activity programs;
- Encouraging active participation in the planning and implementation of programs by residents and their families;
- Encouraging residents to maintain involvement with the wider community;
- Supervising and coordinating volunteers working in the Lifestyle Area;
- Organising functions for residents, staff and volunteers; and
- Coordinating the development of promotion material for Zion.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- experience in designing, facilitating and evaluating programs for a wide range of aged care residents, including those with cognitive impairments
- experience in managing a diverse professional team, developing individual strengths and promoting growth of all team members
- effective written and verbal communication skills and time management skills
- basic administration skills
In addition you will
- possess a tertiary qualification relevant to the role such as arts, drama or music therapy, diversional therapy or occupational therapy
- maintain an Australian driver’s licence, positive Federal police check as well as current First Aid and CPR certifications
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any offer of employment.
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
Zion Lutheran Home, boasting 100 beds, prides itself on providing professional, caring and friendly service to people of all ages.
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
LCC sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. To request a discussion about specifics of the role please email email@example.com.