Disability Support Worker / Case Manager - Northern Gold Coast
Northern Gold Coast
About the role
Multiple casual positions available.
Applicants must be available to work all shifts (morning, day, evening and sleepovers) including weekends.
As a Disability Support Worker/Case Manager you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the case management plan developed for individuals living with a disability and/or mental illness in keeping with the guidelines contained in the service agreement and plan;
- Actively developing, in conjunction with the Team Leader, continuous quality improvement systems and participate in providing quality service and supports to individuals living with a disability and their families;
- Assisting individuals living with a disability and/or mental illness with their personal care and hygiene needs.
- Maintaining an environment that empowers service users and promotes positive behaviors, positive learning, skills development and independence;
- Communicating effectively with relevant stakeholders; and
- Completing, maintaining and storing documentation in a confidential manner.
Critical to your success in this role will be the proven ability to demonstrate
- effective and professional interpersonal and communication skills
- accurate and timely decision making skills
- your ability to work in a fast paced environment
In addition you will
- hold a tertiary qualification and/or relevant experience in disability service provision to individuals living with a disability in a community setting
- maintain a current Australian drivers licence and comply with the Disability Services Act 2006 screening requirements
You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment medical prior to any offer of employment.
As well as working for an organisation that genuinely cares, we also offer access to significant discounts across a number of areas including private health insurance, gym membership, holiday and travel discounts, home appliances and IT discounts and car rental.
Trinity Disability Support Service supports adults living with an intellectual disability and/or mental illness to live in the least restrictive environment and access the community.
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) is a well-established and respected organisation whose employees provide services for seniors, young people, families, people with disabilities and mental health concerns.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest all operating surpluses into continually improving our services and expanding our reach to more people in our communities.
We operate 18 services across urban and regional Queensland, employing more than 1,350 staff and drawing on the support of several hundred volunteers.
LCC sees its role as being to help our clients experience joy and hope in their lives to the greatest possible extent – irrespective of the challenges they face.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete answers to all below questions and attach your resume.
For further information about this role a position description is available to download by clicking here. To request a discussion about specifics of the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.