LDK Healthcare is building Australia’s most innovative seniors living villages, delivered through a genuine continuum of care, in world-class vibrant communities, that will truly be worthy of our seniors.
Our vision is to create the most loved seniors’ communities in Australia, through our ‘one move’ promise. At LDK Healthcare, our three core values that we live and breathe by every day, are Love, Decency and Kindness. Every aspect of our business has only one thing in mind – our residents.
To provide a range of comprehensive and sound kitchen duties ensuring a high level of hygiene standards at all times.
- Prepare food items that don’t require cooking, for example preparation of sandwiches and salads
- Assist Sous Chef and Head Chef in cooking a range of meals, under their general supervision including the assembly and preparation of ingredients/food for cooking
- Portion, present and serve food to customers, demonstrating a high standard of customer service
- Undertake all duties in accordance with food safety and hygiene legislation, regulations and standards, including those specifically relating to the service of food to vulnerable persons and other relevant LDK quality and service standards
- Undertake general cleaning duties within a kitchen, food preparation area, cold and storerooms, including the cleaning of cooking and general utensils used in the kitchen
- Use and maintain all kitchen equipment in an appropriate manner
- General pantry duties including handling, storing and distributing a variety of goods
- Pick, label and dispatch goods in accordance with orders made
- Assist in the maintenance of stock levels
Qualifications and Experience
- Cert III in Kitchen Operations or Cert II in Hospitality (or experience deemed equivalent) (desirable)
- Food Handlers Certificate (desirable)
- CPR/First aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Demonstrated understanding of food handling and hygiene principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of State Food Safety Regulations (or willingness and ability to learn)
- Previous experience in commercial catering or other food services
- Previous experience in the provision of meals from fresh to end product (desirable)
- Awareness of the dietary requirements of the elderly (desirable)
Federal Police Clearance must be attained and declaration made of any future charges or convictions that could potentially affect your role within LDK.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. This role may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the service and/or organisation.
Willingness to undertake a pre-employment medical assessment and drug & alcohol screening as part of the recruitment process.