Village Operations Manager
LDK Seniors’ Living is building Australia’s most innovative seniors living villages, delivered through a genuine continuum of care, in world-class vibrant communities, that will truly be worthy of our seniors. Our vision is to create the most loved seniors’ communities in Australia, through our ‘one move’ promise. At LDK, our three core values that we live and breathe every day, are Love, Decency and Kindness. Every aspect of our business has only one thing in mind – our residents.
About the Role
We are looking for an Operations Manager with 5 plus years within the hospitality industry and will be reporting to the Village General Manager. We are looking for a person that is passionate about giving love decent and kindness to our residents. We are seeking some who will play a key role to ensure the operational, financial standards and success of the village and a someone that can be responsible for leading and supporting the care and operations of their team creating a positive and safe atmosphere and you are a people focused culture. You lead by extraordinary example in driving a culture that is genuinely
- Ensure the residents’ living environment is maintained at an appropriate standard to deliver excellent resident outcomes
- Maintain a diverse lifestyle program to offer a variety of activities both internally and externally to the village
Resident Engagement and Satisfaction
- Working with direct reports, ensure that the services provided to residents remain appropriate and adequate, meeting the requirements and expectations of residents.
Team Engagement and development
- Participate in recruitment, induction, onboarding, and other employee training related activities.
- Ongoing monitoring and controls to ensure each relevant department meets weekly financial compliance for board approved budget
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, or significant experience deemed the equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior hospitality leadership position.
- Superior leadership and management skills developed
- Experience in leading successful teams in a hospitality leadership position.
- Working knowledge of retirement village legislation desirable.
- Assist the Village General Manager to ensure services follows the Retirement Villages Act, Aged Care Act and Aged Care Standards.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor a team to ensure they have the soft and technical skills to effectively run the operation, comes natural to you
- Provide honest feedback on performance and leading succession planning processes for team members
- You have a high level of emotional intelligence demonstrates your leadership abilities
- You will have the ability to identifying service and skills gaps.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement engagement or activities programs.
If you believe you have what it takes to be part of our dynamic team and want to be a part of our team, we would love to hear from you.