Support Worker - Disability Services - Ipswich, South Brisbane
Ipswich, South Brisbane
About Our Organisation
Lifestyle Solutions is a not-for-profit National Disability and Out of Home Care Service organisation, which commenced operations in Newcastle in 2002 with a vision to support people with disability by walking alongside them, embracing their dreams and sharing their vision.
Now 10 years on, our support has extended beyond disabilities to include a range of support services that are person centred, flexible and responsive to over 1,000 children, young people and adults living in communities across Australia.
Our support focuses on:
- Disability Support - we partner with people to develop personalised and innovative support systems that reflect their individuality, needs, gifts and cultures.
- Child and Youth Support - we provide a range of support services for children and young people who, for various reasons, are unable to live with their own family.
- Education - our innovative camps and education programs are designed to provide the best possible outcomes for young people whose unique support needs cannot be adequately met in a regular school setting.
- Social Enterprises - our Social Enterprises exist to create opportunities for a myriad of people in our community who are challenged in finding and maintaining sustainable employment.
Becoming a member of Lifestyle Solutions means you are joining a team of people committed to improving the quality of life for the people we support.
Lifestyle Solutions is an EEO employer and welcomes applications from people from ATSI and CALD backgrounds. All applicants are required to undergo employment screening through probity checks prior to commencing.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking three (3) resourceful, active, flexible and committed people to provide support to people within our Disability Services in Ipswich, South Brisbane. These positions are Permanent Part Time and the working hours will be varied. An immediate start is available to the successful applicants.
Duties will vary depending on the person’s needs and skill level. Our support options are ‘person centred’ which puts the person with a disability at the centre of the decision making and planning process.
The range of supports provided include but are not limited to; Assist and guide in community participation & independence skill building, Guidance in the use of and accessing public transport, Implementation of behaviour intervention and support programs, Assistance and guide with independent living including budgeting, domestic chores such as cooking, cleaning.
Essential are: A current Driver's Licence, ability to complete necessary checks and First Aid Certificate are essential.
You will be required to work on a 24 hour, 7 day rotating roster as part of a team and autonomously.
Desirable are: Cert III/IV Disability, PART training or equivalent, understanding of mental health, challenging behaviours and professional boundaries.
Lifestyle Solutions offers employees an attractive and supportive work environment that offers challenging assignments, opportunities to expand and learn from others and opportunities to improve and learn new skills. In addition, salary packaging, access to a comprehensive learning and development program and a corporate wellness package is available to permanent employees.
For further information relating to this position, please contact Marianne Angel (Coordinator) on (07) 3803 8201. For general recruitment questions, please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 4014 7800.
To apply, please go to www.lifestylesolutions.applynow.net.au
Applications Close: Thursday 25 July 2013
About the Application Process
A reminder that your application must consist of:
- An up to date resume tailored to suit this role
- Names and current phone numbers of 2 referees including a recent supervisor
- You will need to explain on the webform how you can meet the position criteria and make an outstanding employee for this role
Applications MUST BE LODGED ONLINE in Microsoft Word or PDF format by the closing date. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Any offer of employment and subsequent continuing employment is dependent upon the applicants capability, application, interview and selection process and completion of relevant pre-employment probity checks. Lifestyle Solutions reserves the right to remove this post before the specified closing date.