Support Worker - Child & Family Services
- Youth, Out Of Home Care
- Rockhampton Location
- Part Time and Casual Roles | Variety of Hours
We’re people who care.
Lifestyle Solutions provides services to people with disability, young people and children in Out Of Home Care, their families and communities across the nation.
We are providing quality therapeutic placements to children and young people to meet their individual needs. We empower our teams to proactively contribute to supporting children and young people to achieving outcomes. We provide child and young person friendly environments for them to heal and reach their potential.
We believe everyone is equal – our staff and the people we support, our customers. Equality and respect is at the heart of everything we do.
We want people on our team who want to make a difference to the lives of others. People who know that it’s the small things that make the biggest difference. People who do what they say they’ll do and want to be a part of creating an organisation where we all own our part in making Lifestyle Solutions a great place to work.
We are seeking passionate and committed Support Workers to join our Out Of Home Care Accommodation services located in Rockhampton. Lifestyle Solutions delivers multiple services for young people up to 18 years old with complex support needs. These young people have range of conditions including challenging behaviours, autism, attachment disorders, anxiety, depression, anger, aggression, post traumatic stress and disengagement. We are seeking support workers who are passionate, dedicated and resilient with an understanding of the importance of supporting children and young people in line with our commitment to the Child Protection Act 1999.
- Mentoring and skill development
- Be a positive role model
- Providing positive support in areas such as emotional behaviour, health, incident management, personal care and hygiene, transport, education, cooking and domestic duties.
- Providing 24 hour support to the young people in our services
- Guide and support the young people to develop independent living skills
- Helping the young people to engage with their local communities and culture through access to Community Participation Programs and recreational activities
- Administering and managing medication
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Hold or be working towards obtaining a qualification recognised by Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women. Please review the recognised Minimum Qualifications Standards here.
- Be willing to be available to work a 24/7 rotating roster which includes evenings, awake shifts, sleepovers and weekend shifts
- Previous experience supporting young people with a range behavioural concerns
- Current Blue Card (or willing to obtain)
- Current Positive Notice Card/Yellow Card (or willing to obtain)
- Current drivers licence (Full, P2, P1)
- Current Provide First Aid certificate (HLTAID003)
We are an innovative organisation that is passionate about positive outcomes for the people we support and offer our people an attractive and supportive work environment.
To find out more about these opportunities please call Carolyn Bryant, Talent Professional, on 02 4014 7869 during business hours.
The Application Process:
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Sunday 22 December 2019 at 23:30
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be actively shortlisting during the advertising period and reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised date.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome, actively support and promote the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds and other diversity groups.
As part of our process selected applicants will be required to undergo employment screening and probity checks prior to commencing.