Storeman – Food & Beverage - Sydney International Airport
About Lagardere Travel Retail
Our company is part of the global Lagardere Travel Retail group, one of the world’s largest Travel Retailers, operating retail stores at airports and railway stations throughout the world. Representing the group within the Pacific region, we operate a diverse range of retail brands across the book, press, traveler convenience and specialty (luxury, gift & souvenir, fashion and gourmet) categories, as well as duty free and food & beverage.
About the role
We are seeking a Storeman for our newly built and very busy Café located at Sydney International Airport. The position will support the operations of the café (and another new food & beverage store opening in a couple of months) by:
- Coordinating a busy schedule of daily deliveries of fresh food and beverage stock
- Receiving deliveries and checking against orders/invoices
- loading/unloading deliveries into storage areas and ensuring stock is properly rotated
- Delivering daily food and beverage requirements to the Cafe
- Ensuring all food stock is temperature checked to ensure it is safe for consumption
- Liaising with Manager regarding stock orders
- Coordinating regular stocktakes with the Manager
- Contacting suppliers if there are any problems with the orders received
Skills & Experience
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience working with Fresh food logistics preferable
- Be able to lift up to 25kg using safe handling procedures and adhere to all other OH&S policies and procedures. The role is physically demanding and requires a relatively high level of physical fitness.
- Have the ability to work early mornings (4.30am start) and have your own transport to the airport. Subsidised car parking is offered.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised in a fast paced environment whilst taking initiative and communicating effectively with Managers
- Basic computer literacy
We are looking for someone to join our team for an immediate start. The ability hold and maintain an ASIC pass is a must.