- Innovative human services organisation
- Dynamic, experienced team
- Queensland wide with opportunities for career development
We are currently seeking an experienced Rostering Officer to support our busy Rostering Team based at Rockhampton.
Your new role
This highly independent full-time rostering role will play a key role in the coordination of staffing rosters in conjunction with the Senior Rostering officer.
You will be required to develop and implement rosters to ensure successful and timely delivery of staff schedules. You will work within the Rostering team, working closely with the People and Culture and Operations Teams.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Constructing schedules and roster staff in Multicap's electronic rostering system (Riteq) in accordance with customer needs
- Adding employees to the rostering system and maintaining data integrity of the rostering system across services
- Managing staff leave through Riteq system and ensure replacement staff are in place to cover leave/shortages
- In consultation with Service Leaders, oversee the buddying of new staff into services with experience staff to ensure appropriate induction
- Coordinate correct processing of staff shifts to meet EBA requirements and payroll deadlines
- Assist in the maintenance of staff alerts, ensuring mandatory skills and qualifications are current before they are allocated shifts
This role will require a high level of autonomy, attention to detail and the ability to encourage interaction and discussion with a variety of internal stakeholders.
What you bring
To be considered for the position, you will ideally have a positive attitude, enjoy working as part of a high functioning team and be able to work flexibly on a range of projects across media relations and communication, including:
- Previous experience working in a similar role, particularly knowledge of best practice rostering procedures in a similar industry
- Previous experience in interpreting and adhering to workplace EBA, legislation, and awards
- Effective communication skills and customer support skills with the ability to liaise effectively with staff and managers to coordinate shifts
- Sound knowledge of MS Office suite or programs, including Excel and Word, as well as previous experience with a rostering system
- Well developed capacity to manage the competing demands ofa busy environment, work to deadlines, and maintain attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A positive attitude towards people with disabilities and the willing ness to work within Multicap's Values and Code of Conduct in order to meet Customer's needs
About our organisation
Multicap is a high needs disability organisation assisting, developing and empowering people since 1962. Our people are outstanding and our work environment is professional and energised. We actively strive to be the leading source of creative and sustainable support options for people with disability. To find our more, visit www.multicap.org.au.
Multicap has over 50 years’ experience in providing assistance to people with disability, specialising in high and complex needs. Started by six families who believed in the multiple capabilities of their children, Multicap became a champion of possibility for people with disability and their families all over Queensland. Today, Multicap is a community of possibility for more than 700 people and their families and provides tailored assistance to individual needs and goals.
Together we are a community of possibility in all ways and always.
Applications close 1st December 2017