Studio Technician (Pottery)
- Innovative human services organisation
- Dynamic, experienced team
- Queensland wide with opportunities for career development
We are currently seeking an experienced pottery studio technician to support all areas of Multicap's Social Enterprise studio, Monte Lupo.
Your new role
Our successful applicant will become a crucial part of Multicap's Social Enterprise Business, ensuring high quality creation of clay-based products and development of persons with a disability to reach their fullest potential within our workshop, with other primary duties including:
- Ensuring the quality of product is maintainced and standards are met at all times,
- Maintain workstation and equipment, ensuring it is clean and in good working order,
- Manage stock levels, including timely arrival of new materials and equipment into the workshop,
- Manage production to minimize waste materials.
What you bring
To be considered for the position, you will ideally have a positive attitude, enjoy working as part of a high functioning team and be able to work flexibly, including:
- Good level of understanding of kilns, including maintenance, unloading and loading
- Good understanding of glazing and glaze technology
- Possess and display insight about, and empathy with, the experiences of people with a disability
- Actively supporting and creating an environment that promotes open communication, continuous improvement, training and skill development
- Current QLD Driver's Licence
- Previous experience in pottery production
- Ability to obtain a DSQ Positive Notice Card (Blue Card and Yellow Card - Multicap can assist you with this process).
About our organisation
Multicap is a high needs disability organisation assisting, developing and empowering people since 1962. Our people are outstanding and our work environment is professional and energised. We actively strive to be the leading source of creative and sustainable support options for people with disability. To find out more, visit www.multicap.org.au
Multicap has over 50 years’ experience in providing assistance to people with disability, specialising in high and complex needs. Started by six families who believed in the multiple capabilities of their children, Multicap became a champion of possibility for people with disability and their families all over Queensland. Today, Multicap is a community of possibility for more than 700 people and their families and provides tailored assistance to individual needs and goals.
Together we are a community of possibility in all ways and always.