Disability Support Workers - Casual
Disability Support Workers
- High needs disability organisation
- Dynamic, experienced team
- Queensland wide with opportunities for growth
We are currently seeking expressions of interest for casual Disability Support Workers to support persons with a disability across all Multicap services and regions.
Our Disability Support Workers support our customers as they shape and improve their lives. They create opportunities, are champions of possibility and inspire partnerships of support that encourage every individual to realise the possibilities available to them.
As a Disability Support Worker at Multicap, you'll experience a rewarding career where your skills and commitment will help people achieve incredible things, one small step at a time. The role can present challenges and it's certainly not right for everyone... but those who embrace challenge gain the most reward form this vital work.
You'll be supported and respected by an experienced team of people who share your passion, dedication and resilience. Multicap is proud to support people across Queensland and Northern New South Wales. While this means we are spread out, together we are always focused on putting our customers first. We are dedicated to showing people they can, when sometimes they've been told they can't.
Your new role
Our successful applicant will be responsible for supporting and assisting persons with a disability in their living and/or community environment. Other primary duties will include:
- Carry out designated tasks and activities aimed at meeting the client’s personal living/community needs, team objectives and/or program goals.
- Participate in developing and monitoring individual program plans and be accountable for their outcomes.
- Establish good working relationships and networks with other community organisation to keep abreast of community activities and initiatives
- Transport clients to and from community based activities
- Provide quality in home/community access and centre based respite care and support, incorporating integration and participation in social, recreational and educational activities.
- Working with both children and adults with a disability within their home environment and on community access
What you bring
To be considered for the position, you will ideally have demonstrated knowledge and application of the principles and objectives of the QLD Disability Services Act 2006 and the Disability Service Standards. You will also demonstrate:
- Skills supporting and caring for adolescents and adults with disabilities and complex support needs eg challenging behaviours
- Ability and skill to work within a Lifestyle Planning Process for persons with an intellectual disability
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively within a team
- Ability to prioritise workload and respond to emergency situations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A positive attitude
- A proven ability to multi-task
Successful candidates will be required to hold a Blue & Yellow Card (Multicap can help you with this application process)
About our organisation
Founded in 1962, Multicap has over 50 years experience in providing assistance to people with disability, specialising in high and complex needs. Started by six families who believed in the multiple capabilities of their children, Multcap became champion of possibly for people with a disability and their families all over Queensland. Today, Multicap is a community of possibility for more than 700 people and their families and provides tailored assistance to individual needs and goals. To find out more visit www.multicap.org.au.
Together we are a community of possibility in all ways and always.