Disability Support Worker - Gold Coast
Disability Support Worker
- High needs disability organisation
- Dynamic, experienced team
- Queensland wide with opportunities for growth
We are currently seeking Disability Support Workers to support persons with a disability based within our Gold Coast region.
Our Disability Support Workers support our customers as they shape and improve their lives. They create opportunities, are champions of possibility and inspire partnerships of support that encourage every individual to realise the possibilities available to them.
As a Disability Support Worker at Multicap, you'll experience a rewarding career where your skills and commitment will help people achieve incredible things, one small step at a time. The role can present challenges and it's certainly not right for everyone... but those who embrace challenge gain the most reward form this vital work.
You'll be supported and respected by an experienced team of people who share your passion, dedication and resilience. Multicap is proud to support people across Queensland and Northern New South Wales. While this means we are spread out, together we are always focused on putting our customers first. We are dedicated to showing people they can, when sometimes they've been told they can't.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to have:
- Certificate III in Disability, Individual Support or similar
- Experience within the industry (eg. disability, aged care, individual support, community services or youth work etc.) (Desirable)
- First Aid Certificate and CPR, or willing to obtain one
- Eligibility to obtain a Blue and Yellow Card (Multicap can assist you with this process)
- Current Drivers Licence,
- Ability to work early mornings and weekend shifts.
About our organisation
Founded in 1962, Multicap has over 50 years experience in providing assistance to people with disability, specialising in high and complex needs. Started by six families who believed in the multiple capabilities of their children, Multicap became champion of possibly for people with a disability and their families all over Queensland. Today, Multicap is a community of possibility for more than 700 people and their families and provides tailored assistance to individual needs and goals. To find out more visit www.multicap.org.au.
Together we are a community of possibility in all ways and always.