NDIS Transition Officer
Eight Mile Plains
NDIS Transition Officer
- Innovative human services organisation
- Dynamic, experienced team
- Queensland wide with opportunities for career development
We are currently seeking an NDIS Transition Officer to support our busy NDIS Transition Team in Eight Mile Plains (or Brisbane, Logan or Gold Coast).
At Multicap we have a robust, tested and refined NDIS transition support model that assists our customers to maximise the opportunities as they access the NDIS. If you have. A passion for assisting people with disabilities, have strong project management skills and can execute and further refine an existing process then this role is right for you.
Your New Role
The NDIS Transition Officer will support all operational teams to manage customer enquiries and onboarding. Acting as a central first point of contact, the NDIS Transition Officer will provide relevant information to customers, linking them to relevant services and facilitate the customer experience inclusive of utilizing the connection key and other onboarding processes. This will be facilitated in partnership with the local service representative. The ongoing retention of customers will form a part of this role responsibility.
As the NDIS roll out moves to South East QLD the number of our customers transitioning will increase presenting a great opportunity for people who enjoy working as a team with the increase in recruitment continuing into 2018.
The transition team is part of the specialist services unit of Multicap and will work closely with the regional service delivery teams to engage the customer and ensure they are positioned to get the reasonable and necessary supports they need from the NDIS.
This role will provide the successful applicants experience in navigating the NDIS ensuring that the skills and knowledge they developed position them as highly employable in the new disability environment.
This process will incorporate the onboarding of new customers and or services, coordinate handover to regional teams, ongoing retention and customer exits from Multicap; with other primary duties including:
- Respond to, engage and answer incoming customer enquiries though onboarding procedure in a timely manner
- Facilitate onboarding procedure from a centralized role and work in partnership with service representative to facilitate decentralized role to ensure overall high level of customer experience
- Facilitate organisational customer exit procedure to provide holistic customer experience.
- Establishing and implementing meeting coordination of potential customers to regional services to provide the link between Customer Service Officer to relevant service representative in facilitating site visits and fostering relationships between regions and customers and their families.
- Complete all relevant onboarding paperwork within timely manner
- Provide central control point for onboarding process inclusive of reviewing, finalising and approving all customer documentation.
- Foster relationships with relevant community organisations build awareness of Multicap services, as well as an understanding of services available in the wider community inclusive of local area coordinators and government departments
- Cultivate organisational knowledge and understanding of industry changes to ensure that Multicap’s processes and practices for customer engagement are compatible with actual customer need and objectives.
Analysis and synthesising existing customer data, engaging with customers to understand their goals, preparing template documents to support the customer engaging with the NDIA are all key components of the role.
What you Bring
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to manage telephone and face to face enquiries in a cordial, professional and helpful manner.
- Ability to develop networks, rapport and influence with both internal and external parties (potential customers).
- Robust interpersonal, communication and sales skills to extract key and relevant information in conversations for the purpose of completing onboarding and assessment tools.
- 1 year experience in a similar role AND/OR 2 years experience working with people with disabilities and a knowledge of different types of Disability Services
- A positive attitude towards people with disabilities and the willingness to work within Multicap’s Values and Code of Conduct in order to meet our Clients’ needs.
- Demonstrated computer skills including proficient use of MS Office Applications and databases.
- Well developed capacity to manage the competing demands of a busy environment, work to deadlines and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and willingness to assist HR team members with work activities.
About our organization
Multicap has over 55 years’ experience in providing assistance to people with disability, specialising in high and complex needs. Started by six families who believed in the multiple capabilities of their children, Multicap became a champion of possibility for people with disability and their families all over Queensland. Today, Multicap is a community of possibility for more than 700 people and their families and provides tailored assistance to individual needs and goals.
Together we are a community of possibility in all ways and always.