- Hands on Leadership role
- Develop dynamic, specialised teams
- Opportunities for growth
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Service Leader to support the delivery of Multicap disability services in Nudgee.
Your new role
The purpose of this position is to facilitate and lead a team of Disability Support Workers, to achieve agreed quality and service outcomes, aimed at supporting and assisting persons with a disability in their living and community environment. The Service Leader will ensure service delivery is reflective of customer need, and aligned to outcomes for the individual and the organisation. Primary duties will also include:
- Managing the day to day operations of the site, including administrative tasks
- Development and coordination of person centred plans
- Consulting with other Specialist Multicap staff on positive behaviour support plans
- Providing leadership, guidance and supports to all Support Staff, by creating a team culture which thrives on communication, collaboration, continuous improvement, training and skill development
- Promoting positive family and community relationships
- Provide support to the Service Manager for the region
- Provide hands-on support to customers, including who are on the spectrum
- Ensuring the service is managed in alignment to Multicap's vision, strategic priorities, and legislative requirements
- Knowledge of restrictive practice
- Ensure a safe and healthy workplace by implementing and adhering to all WHS policies and procedures.
What you bring
- Demonstrated, advanced skills in assisting customers/clients who have a disability, particularly those with complex support needs
- Experience in leading diverse teams, including well developed interpersonal and communicative skills
- Experience in coordinating and administrating the delivery of dynamic services
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a supervisory capacity of disability services
- Ability to prioritise a busy workload, and respond to emergent situations
- Knowledge of the Disability Services Act (2006), and the Disability Service Standards
- Knowledge and capacity to apply WHS principles in the workplace.
This position is a permanent, full time role, where the successful applicant will be required to hold a Positive Notice Blue & Yellow Card, and have a valid driver's licence.
Applications for this role close on 25 January 2019. Please apply by clicking "apply now" and ensure that you attach a cover letter detailing why you would be a great candidate for this role and also your resume. The next step in the process is to complete mandatory shortlisting questions. These questions are important to help us learn more about you and we want to clarify that if you do not complete these questions you cannot be considered for the role so we encourage you to complete these additional questions as quickly as possible.
About our organisation
Founded in 1962, Multicap has over 50 years’ experience in providing assistance to people with disability, specialising in high and complex needs. Started by six families who believed in the multiple capabilities of their children, Multicap became a champion of possibly for people with a disability and their families all over Queensland. Today, Multicap is a community of possibility for more than 700 people and their families and provides tailored assistance to individual needs and goals. To find out more visit www.multicap.org.au.