ICT Support Officer
ICT Support Officer
We are seeking a customer-focused and responsive ICT Support Officer to join our team.
This full-time position is responsible for the support and maintenance of Multicap ICT Applications and Infrastructure. Reporting to the ICT Support Supervisor, the ICT Support Officer will work as part of the ICT Support Team and provide clear and effective communication to Multicap End Users.
Your new role will include:
- Prioritising, managing, and responding to customer requests as they come into the system
- Triaging and escalating where required
- Provide Service Desk Support functions to end users either face to face or over the phone
- Maintain an asset register for the tracking of Multicap ICT assets
- Raising Purchase Order Requests for the Procurements of ICT hardware
- Perform periodic audits of Multicap ICT asset register
- Maintain technical knowledge in applications supported by ICT
- Support the delivery of applications training to end users
- Identify and develop a network of Application Champions
- Install patches and upgrades where requested as per pre-defined process
- Assist in the development of Use Cases for UAT and participate in UAT for technical aspects of upgrades and patches
- Create and maintain appropriate user access to Multicap Systems as requested
- Review and remove user access as requested
- Assist in documenting procedures within the ICT responsibility
- Maintain and develop work instructions to support the use of applications
- Support other business units with technical aspects of procedures
What you bring:
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in an ICT Helpdesk Support Environment or hold an equivalent ICT Related Tertiary Accreditation
- Experience in CRM Systems Support
- Strong communication & customer service skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- A positive attitude and driven nature
- Recommend and contribute ideas for continuous improvement
Apply by 22 February 2019 to be considered for this newly created role. Please ensure that you attach a cover letter detailing why you would be a great candidate for this role and also your resume (preferably PDF format).
Please note the successful applicant will be required to hold a current Blue (Working with Children) and Yellow (Positive Notice) Card, or be willing to obtain one.
About our organisation
Founded in 1962, Multicap has over 55 years’ experience in providing assistance to people with disabilities, specialising in high and complex needs. Started by six families who believed in the multiple capabilities of their children, Multicap became champion of possibly for people with a disability and their families all over Queensland. Today, Multicap is a community of possibility for more than 1200 people and their families and provides tailored assistance to individual needs and goals. To find out more visit www.multicap.org.au.