Service Manager Nudgee Hub
Full-time Service Manager
- Well established high needs disability organisation
- Dynamic, experienced team from all levels of support
- Growing in QLD and Northern NSW, there are opportunities for growth to make a change in the community
Multicap is a customer-focused organisation, where everything we do is about enhancing the quality of life of those we support. Their dreams and aspirations are the driving force behind what we do, from providing social and community access, accommodation, in-home support, to employment and training.
Founded in 1962, Multicap has over 55 years' experience in providing assistance to people with a disability, specialising in high and complex needs. Started by six families who believed in the capabilities of their children, Multicap became a champion of possibility for people with disability and their families all over QLD and Northern NSW. Today, Multicap is a community of possibility for more than 1200 people and their families, and provides tailored assistance to individual needs and goals.
We are seeking a true leader whose approach is person-centred, and who is attuned to the service users and their teams alike. By creating opportunities, and being a champion of possibility, you'll inspire your team and stakeholders to support each individual to realise the possibilities available to them. This is a rewarding opportunity for an experienced Service Manager, or someone who is ready to take the next step in their career. Supported by a fantastic team, who share your dedication and passion, you'll be responsible for management of services throughout the Nudgee region.
As a Service Manager you will be leading operational teams, and creating opportunities whilst ensuring services reflect customer needs, the organisation’s core purpose, and deliver agreed outcomes for customers, their families and the organisation. Other duties include:
- Ensuring the services are managed in alignment to Multicap’s Vision, Strategic Priorities, and customer need
- Providing influential leadership, direction and supports to Team Leaders and Support Staff
- Establishing and maintaining key stakeholder relationships, enhancing the customer’s experience of Multicap services and providing opportunity for improved brand awareness
- Leading and developing a team to ensure that service delivery and service expansion remains individually focused.
What you bring
We are seeking someone who is true leader, who can inspire a team, be accountable, respect and value relationships, give and receive feedback, but above all – someone who can live Multicap’s sole purpose in enhancing lives. Someone who will also bring:
- Experience in providing services for people with disabilities, particularly those with high or complex needs,
- Qualifications that underpins your practical knowledge (for example, within the human services, community services and nursing field)
- Experience in staff leadership and performance, including assessing recruitment needs, planning employment development plans, and performance management
- Experience in developing Person-Centered-Plans within a positive behaviour framework
- Knowledge of legislation and safe work practices, and a commitment to policies and procedures
- Financial acumen and the ability to manage within a prescribed budget and provide advocacy where needed
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of software and systems
- Ability to prioritise a workload, and respond to emerging situations and appropriate.
This position is a permanent, full-time position, where the successful applicant will be required to hold a Positive Notice Blue and Yellow Card, and have a valid Driving Licence.
Applications for this role close 18th February 2019.
Please ensure that you attach a cover letter detailing why you would be a great candidate for this role and also your resume detailing your experience. There are also some short-listing questions that you are required to complete to be considered for this role.
To find our more about Multicap, please visit www.multicap.org.au.