Finance & Administration Officer
An opportunity has become available for an experienced and driven Administration & Finance Officer in our Melbourne Office.
- Malvern Location
- Competitive Salary
The Menzies Group of Companies is one of the largest family-owned cleaning and facility services companies in Australia, provides quality, "value for money" solutions to blue chip customers on a national scale.
Our company is undergoing a period of substantial growth and requires an experienced and driven Administration & Finance Officer to work within a dedicated team.
This challenging role entails supporting the administration team with (but not limited to):
- Preparing invoices for the MEL/TAS finance team/clients
- Ensuring creditors batches are prepared accurately, on time and approved by the Branch Manager before processing these batches.
- Ensuring all relevant supporting documentation is attached to creditor invoices
- Invoicing clients for all work that has been carried out and forwarding all manual invoices/credit notes to the Branch Manager for approval.
- Raising manual invoices/credit notes separate from the monthly contract run.
- Providing assistance to debtors function for any queries relating to invoices sent to client
- Performing a daily update of the manual invoice register
- Preparing all Subcontractor input related documentation in accordance with Administration and Purchasing procedures
- Follow up of outstanding creditor invoices for end of month processing
- Distributing Purchase Order books in accordance with the purchasing procedures
- Process purchase orders raised by operations staff
- Regular updating of the purchase order master file
- Updating end of month finance reports for your branch
- Assist Operations Manager with any related enquiries
- Guidance to operations staff in carrying out their administrative duties correctly and in a timely manner
- Reception coverage
The successful applicant will have the following skills, experience and personal traits:
- 2-3 years' proven experience in a similar role preferred
- Strong leadership skills in a challenging deadline-driven environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective relationship building skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A forward thinker
Exposure to service management and contract management will be an advantage in the role.