Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we’re a non-traditional law firm, committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 650+ dedicated, professional staff who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are proud to have a strong team of experienced professionals working in all corporate service functions from our Head Office in the Brisbane CBD. These teams work alongside the legal staff of Shine to progress and grow our practice via our 40+ offices across Australia. Due to growth and internal movement, we now have an exciting opportunity for a digital marketing-focused Web Developer to join our motivated and passionate IT team.
Your role will focus on ensuring the speed, stability, and usability of Shine Lawyers’ websites. You’ll report to the IT Operations Manager, but focus primarily on work relating to the Digital Marketing team, and be able to clearly and effectively communicate technical information across the Marketing Department, and broader organisation as required.
You will be passionate about performance and usability, ensuring that site visitors receive an excellent experience. To this end you will work closely with the Digital Marketing team to identify, scope, and prioritise website improvements, and manage the implementation, testing and promoting of website changes. You will also:
- Implement website changes across a variety of environments.
- Conduct unit and system testing to ensure only stable code is present in our production environments.
- Assist with email creation if and where required.
- Ensure integrity of analytics data and its capture.
- Provide clear technical input on Digital Marketing initiatives.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Experience building website from initial design through to finished deliverable.
- Experience developing in environments with WordPress or similar CMS.
- Experience working on responsive websites.
- Experience integrating 3rd party APIs and plugins.
- Ability to resolve cross-browser compatibility problems and troubleshoot a variety of issues;
- Experience running a test and quality assurance process to ensure only stable code is pushed to our Production environments;
- Excellent time-, project- and task-management skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to gather requirements to find solutions to help meet desired outcomes.
- Exceptional attention to detail – we operate in a compliance environment where mistakes can have serious ramifications for the firm as a whole.
- Writing unit tests considered a bonus.
Familiarity with the following technologies will be highly regarded, but not essential for success:
- Node.JS, Express.JS and Swagger - Webpack, Grunt or similar - React -Sass or Less - Azure Cloud SaaS, PaaS familiarity - HTML5 - Front end frameworks (eg. Bootstrap, Material UI) - Change control systems (eg. SVN, Git) - Google Tag Manager (eg. Adobe Omniture) - Continuous delivery/deployment - pproaches (eg. Jenkins) - Managing sites at scale.
What We Offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations, growing into more emerging practice areas and new geographic regions. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and incentive program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application