Asset Management Spatial Information Officer
- Band 6 - $89K - $97K + Super
- Permanent Full Time / Monthly RDO
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Asset Management team is proud of the integral role which it plays in contributing to the welfare of future generations (asset sustainability) and safety of the public (maintenance management) within Moreland City Council.
The Council’s Asset Management Spatial Information Officer will provide quality services in relation to the operation, maintenance and development of Council’s Asset Management System (Assetic), with a focus on the GIS component. Reporting to the Asset Management Coordinator, this role will be responsible for provision of specialist GIS advice and support, management of a quality asset database and the production of financial data associated with assets.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Considerable experience in Asset Management and GIS within a large/complex organisation
- Exposure to and knowledge of ArcGIS and Assetic would be highly regarded
- Tertiary qualification in Asset Management and/or GIS is desirable
- The ability to review processes and procedures applied to improve service delivery
- Well developed oral and written communication skills
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- Ensuring that Council’s financial reporting is of a high quality and complies with statutory reporting requirements under various Acts and accounting conventions, namely the Local Government Act and Australian Accounting Standards.
- Ensuring and maintaining the accuracy and integrity of Council’s financial information and data.
- Responsible for treasury management, including Council’s borrowings, investments, cashflow management and bank reconciliation function.
- Providing high level financial advice and analysis including, but not limited to, financial modelling, accounting standard compliance and taxation as it relates to Council.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Wellness programs & an active social club
For further information please contact Geoff Bolling on 9355 4265.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 30 November 2020. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attached your valid Drivers Licence and WWCC. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.