- Band 7 - $100K - $112K + Super
- Permanent Full Time / Monthly RDO
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Council is offering a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Financial Accountant who enjoys contact with the community and working with a dynamic team to provide support in managing the Council’s financial resources.
The role would best suit an applicant with sound computer skills including experience with Microsoft programs such as Word and Excel, along with an understanding of computer operating systems and financial systems such as Microsoft NAV and Magiq.
Experience in a high activity public contact role with good interpersonal communication, email and written skills will be well regarded, alongside demonstrated administrative experience, particularly with writing clear and concise reports, and managing adopted policies and procedures. The successful candidate will have a CPA/CA qualification and demonstrated knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards and their application within the local government sector.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Demonstrated knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards and their application within the local government sector
- Professional membership of CPA Australia or the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Australia
- Ability to develop and implement organisational financial policies and regulations
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Ensuring that Council’s financial reporting is of a high quality and complies with statutory reporting requirements under various Acts and accounting conventions, namely the Local Government Act and Australian Accounting Standards.
- Ensuring and maintaining the accuracy and integrity of Council’s financial information and data.
- Responsible for treasury management, including Council’s borrowings, investments, cashflow management and bank reconciliation function.
- Providing high level financial advice and analysis including, but not limited to, financial modelling, accounting standard compliance and taxation as it relates to Council.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Wellness programs & and an active social club
For further information please contact Glenn Johnston on 9240 2482.
Applications close: 5.00 pm, 31 December 2020. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attached your valid Drivers Licence. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.