Gwydir Day Care and Preschool-Child Care Assistant (Maternity Relief)-Temporary Part-time 15hours/Week (Re-advertised)
Moree Plains Shire Council is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Gwydir Day Care & Preschool Team as a Child Care Assistant.
- Temporary Part Time – 15 hours per week
- Key role in providing high quality early childhood education and care to children
- Location Moree
About the role
As a Child Care Assistant, you are expected to be an active team member of a team which provides high quality early childhood education and care to children.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2020, Band 1 Level 3 Grade 4 Step 1 $366.37 to Grade 5 Step 3 $409.54 per 15-hour week in Council’s Salary System, depending on qualifications and experience.
- Assisting to provide a consistent, nurturing, caring, happy, secure, creative and active environment for all children at Gwydir Day Care and Preschool;
- Developing strong relationships with children and relationships that support and partner with families and the community;
- To treat each child with dignity and respect, taking into account any cultural, socio-economic, or other differences and their individual needs;
- Ensure a high standard of childcare and education within the Centre by being an appropriate role model at all times; and
- Working with other staff towards continuous improvement in all areas of Gwydir Day Care and Preschool’s operations.
You will be 18 years of age or older, completed a minimum education level of Year Ten or equivalent, have completed a Certificate III in Children Services, hold a current First Aid Certificate and have a current Working with Children Check number.
You will also have the demonstrated ability to relate in a positive and caring manner and meet the individual needs of children ranging in ages 8 weeks to 5 years and be able to communicate positively and effectively with both adults and children.
How to apply
To apply, please visit www.mpsc.nsw.gov.au and address the selection criteria. All applications must be made online only.
To maximise your chance of gaining an interview for this position, it is important that you address the essential and desirable criteria. To find out more, please read Moree Plains Shire Council's guidelines & Checklist for job applicants.
Closing date for applications
This position closes at 4.00pm Wednesday 27 January 2021.
For more information
Further information regarding the online application process may be obtained by contacting Council’s Human Resources Team on (02) 67 573 234 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details about the role can be found in the full Position Description
Our commitment to safety
Moree Plains Shire Council is committed to safety. A pre-employment health check and a three-month probationary period apply to all positions. All employees are subject to drug and alcohol screening at the pre-employment health screening and random testing will occur throughout the probationary period.
It is an offence under the NSW Child Protection (Prohibited Employment) Act 1998 for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for this position.
Council also has a generous incentive scheme and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.