Temporary Waste Manager (Maternity Relief-Up to 12months)
Forming part of the Planning & Community Development Department, this maternity relief position contributes to the organisations goals by managing and coordinating Council’s waste management operations across the organisation to ensure optimum efficiency and effectiveness in the delivery of waste services while enhancing both short and long term environmental outcomes.
Reporting to the Director of Planning and Community Development, the successful applicant will possess Tertiary qualifications at Degree level in Asset Management (Waste Management), Environmental Science, Environmental/Natural Resource Management or other appropriate related discipline.
It is essential that the successful applicant has extensive experience, knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Business planning, contract management and procurement.
- Budget development and financial management skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of key legislation, regulations and guidelines as outlined within position description relevant to this role.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to effectively negotiate and liaise with all stakeholders, ability to learn new skills and adapt to changing situations.
- Highly developed computer skills, written and verbal communication skills with a strong customer focus and the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, ability to lead a cohesive team environment, maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good analytical skills, work effectively under pressure, to manage time, plan, organise and prioritise own work and that of a team to achieve defined outcomes with a high level of accuracy and a strong attention to detail.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Local Government (State) Award 2017 – from Band 3 Level 3, Grade 16 Step 1 $1,603.50 to Step 3 $1,723.75 per 35hr week with grading dependent upon level of experience and qualifications.
MPSC uses job-matched pre-employment screenings to ensure that applicants are able to undertake the inherent physical requirements of this position without placing them at risk of injury. Therefore the most meritorious applicant identified at interview will be required to undertake a pre-employment health screening and a three (3) month probationary period applies.
Applications will be accepted up until 4.00pm on Wednesday, 27 May 2020.
Further information regarding the application process may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Team on (02) 67 573 234 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
A pre-employment health check and a three month probationary period apply to all positions. All employees are subject to drug and alcohol screening at the pre-employment health screening and random testing will occur throughout the probationary period.
Council has a generous incentive scheme for staff including salary sacrifice options.
Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To maximise your chance of gaining an interview for this position, it is important that you address the essential and desirable criteria. For further information on Moree Plains Shire Council's guidelines, please click here: