Operations Supervisor - Moura Load Out Facility
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR – MOURA LOAD OUT FACILITY
We are currently seeking a talented Operations Supervisor to be based in our Moura Load Out Facility.
Reporting to the Regional Manager Mackay – Gladstone, the Operations Supervisor will manage daily operations of the load out facility at the Queensland Nitrates Pty Ltd (QNP) site in Moura. QNP is a major producer of Ammonium Nitrate products supplying to clients in the Bowen Basin coal industry. The major focus areas of this role include safety management, product security and ensuring accuracy of shipping documentation.
Kalari offers a work/life balance roster of 7 days on and 7 days off. The incumbent is required to reside in Moura during rostered work times, with rental assistance provided by Kalari.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Supervising a small team of direct reports, ensuring strict compliance to, and enforcement of, safety regulations and Chain of Responsibility requirements;
- Manage Portal bookings and liaising with transport clients
- Ensuring documentation and weights are correct prior to shipping
- Working closely with the client on safety, maintenance requirements and continuous improvement initiatives
- Performing risk assessments and development of work instructions as required
- Auditing systems of work for compliance with Dangerous Goods and security sensitive products
- Ensuring the operation runs to budget and identifying cost management initiatives that drive improved commercial outcomes
To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
- Security Sensitive Ammonium Nitrate security clearance (SSAN)
- Relentless safety focus & commitment to zero harm
- DG license and knowledge of the relevant regulations
- MC open drivers license
- Front End Loader license
- Forklift license
- Intermediate skill set with Microsoft office Excel and Word
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory/leadership experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop training material and perform J.S.A’s
- High emphasis on customer service.
- A positive, customer focused attitude, with a high commitment to quality
To be considered for this position you must meet all of the above requirements. In return you will be offered a key role with an established leader in the road transport industry with a competitive remuneration package.