Direct Care Worker
|Job Type||Permanent Part Time - minimum 30 hours per fortnight|
|Package||$27.64 per hour|
|Position Description||Direct Care Worker|
At NGSC, our aim is to always be innovative and engaging for our community - and we need like-minded people to join us! We operate on a Google platform, have implemented Activity Based Working, and where possible use cloud-based systems. This improves efficiency and allows our employees to undertake their roles effectively whether in the office or in the community.
About this role
This position is responsible for providing assistance to frail aged people, people with disabilities and their carers to be more independent in their own homes and the community, thereby enhancing their quality of life.
Home care services are provided which:
- promote each client’s capacity to live as independently as possible,
- take a person-centred approach to care, that promotes client’s wellness and active participation in the decisions about care; and
- provides timely, flexible and targeted services that are capable of maximising each client’s independence.
- support clients to achieve and maintain wellbeing and independence as outlined in the individual support plan and in accordance with the Active Service Model.
- responsible for the direct provision of the highest possible standard of a range of home and community care services to clients as determined by their assessed support plan including:
- assist clients with domestic assistance household/environmental tasks in relation to personal care and support
- maintain a safe, hygienic living environment
- undertake a range of cleaning tasks
- provide a range of Personal Care tasks which enable the clients to maintain their desired standards of personal care and hygiene.
- assist with bathing, sponging or showering of clients
- assist with toileting
- assist with mobility such as getting out of bed, dressing, transferring to a commode or wheelchair.
- undertake a range of personal assistance/respite tasks as determined by the assessed support plan to support client independence and social support which may include:
- assist with meal planning and preparation
- undertake shopping, banking and correspondence as required
- escort clients to appointments or for shopping or leisure activities
- assist with recreational activities appropriate to client preference.
- adhered to Council policies and quality standards in the delivery of services at all times.
- provide a high level of customer service that is responsive, non judgemental and professional to clients and carers at all times.
- submit accurate and timely records of work performed using Council’s electronic monitoring system
- report variations to specified tasks and timeframes in accordance with service communication and monitoring protocols.
- monitor and report changes/concerns regarding client well being and identified opportunities for enhancing client independence and social involvement.
- participate in continuous improvement and staff development processes as required by the Team Leader Aged and Disability Services.
- Perform, as directed, other duties that are within the limits of the incumbents’ skill, competence and training.
- Minimum Certificate III in Individual Support (or equivalent) qualification
- Experience and capacity to undertake general household duties, respite care and personal care tasks, which may at times be repetitive and/or physically demanding.
- Ability to communicate effectively, non-judgmentally and empathically with older people, people with disabilities and their carers.
- Awareness and support of the philosophies of healthy ageing and the Active Service Model.
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter, resume and separate document addressing the full 'selection criteria' (outlined in the position description).
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you'd like to know more contact Stephanie Burns, People and Culture Officer at email@example.com or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday 17th February 2020
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer