Team Leader Customer Experience
|Job Type||Full Time - Permanent|
|Package||$65,328 per annum|
|Position Description||Team Leader Customer Experience|
At NGSC, our aim is to always be innovative and engaging for our community - and we need like-minded people to join us! We operate on a Google platform, have implemented Activity Based Working, and where possible use cloud-based systems. This improves efficiency and allows our employees to undertake their roles effectively whether in the office or in the community.
About this role
This position is responsible for leading Council’s customer experience processes and capabilities across the organisation so customer experience delivery is responsive, first point issue resolution and customer centric.
- Ensure Council’s Service Standards are met, customers are welcomed and requests are handled efficiently in a knowledgeable, confidential and timely manner, via all avenues including (but not limited to):
- customer service centres
- Council’s website
- Actively participate in development, implementation and evaluation strategies and systems to ensure an integrated approach to the customer service that is customer centric and first point issue resolution.
- Assist with building the capacity and attitude of the Customer Support Officers to provide exceptional customer service that is responsive, first point issue resolution and customer centric.
- Implement and monitor customer service systems which will improve the service delivery and enhance the image of Council.
- Monitor and report on customer service protocols and identify process improvements relevant to Customer Service across the organisation.
- Provide frontline customer service including processing customer requests, receipting and switchboard operation.
- Train staff in all aspects of their Customer Support Officer role and work with all departments to provide guidance on our customer service systems.
- Work with Customer Support Officers to assist with process improvements and development of tools and skills in all aspects of customer experience via process mapping.
- Undertake management of identified Council facilities including bookings and utilisation, ensuring facilities are hired in accordance with Council policy and guidelines.
- Assist with customer experience issues which impact on Council’s resources or image.
- Develop and maintain relevant work schedules to ensure effective allocation and completion of tasks within the department while fully utilising employees
- Monitor and respond to complaints on customer experience initiatives and work to provide solutions and improve processes where appropriate.
- Assist with monitoring customer satisfaction levels at an organisational level and facilitate appropriate responses.
- Encourage and support employees to be customer driven through seeking regular feedback from customers, taking appropriate action based on that feedback and by demonstrating and promoting expected customer service behaviours at all times.
- Assist with the reporting on performance of customer request management (CRM) and complaints handling.
- Ensure all back office receipting is processed appropriately.
- Perform, as directed, other duties that are within the limits of the incumbents’ skill, competence and training.
- Qualification in business administration or similar field
- Experience, knowledge and ability in planning, developing and implementing customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, gain cooperation and influence a wide range of individuals, groups, organisations and other stakeholders.
- Ability to manage staff and deliver a team work program on time and within budget
- Highly developed organisational and administrative skills as well as excellent time management skills including the ability to identify workload priorities and meet deadlines.
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter, resume and separate document addressing the full 'selection criteria' (outlined in the position description).
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you'd like to know more contact Stephanie Burns, People and Culture Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday 30th March 2020
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer