Positive Ageing Officer
|Job Type||Full Time - Permanent|
|Package||$60,447.04 per annum|
|Position Description||Positive Ageing Officer|
At NGSC, our aim is to always be innovative and engaging for our community - and we need like-minded people to join us! We operate on a Google platform, have implemented Activity Based Working, and where possible use cloud-based systems. This improves efficiency and allows our employees to undertake their roles effectively whether in the office or in the community.
About this role
This position is responsible for providing administrative support and positive customer engagement interactions with clients, carers, employees and allied health services in the provision of Council’s Positive Ageing service.
Home Services administration
- Provide positive customer engagement and solution based interactions with clients, carers, contractors, suppliers and allied health professionals in relation to all services provided by Positive Ageing services.
- Actively organise rosters and update roster data in Council’s management system (Carelink) for Home Care, Personal Care and Respite Care including fortnight, weekend and public holiday rosters
- Provide support for other administration functions in Positive Ageing Services team as required, including having an understanding of administration responsibilities for the payroll process, client invoicing, and export information for when other administration staff take leave
- Respond to telephone calls, respond where appropriate or forward to the appropriate person, and implement messages for the ‘Ezitracker’ system
- Maintain confidential records and filing systems on Positive Ageing Services clients
- Arrange the distribution of the client and staff Newsletters
- Support Assessment Officers ensuring referrals are received and actioned
- Action hospital/nursing home etc admission and discharges
- Maintain up to date procedures for program administration tasks
- Support Team Leaders in the implementation of the Active Service Model and Living at Home Assessment and Quality
- Assist with software maintenance and administration as required
Meals on Wheels administration
- Compile and maintain the annual volunteer delivery rosters and checking weekly to ensure volunteers are still available for the following week
- Prepare Meals on Wheels delivery rosters and forward to Council’s contracted meal supplier
- Report client meal request/changes to Assessment Officers and document within electronic system
- Update order variations Meals on Wheels daily and advise meals supplier
- On a fortnightly basis record, check, tally and report meals quantities supplied
- Communicate regularly with the suppliers kitchen staff on the provision of meals
- Respond to enquiries and provide information relating to Meals on Wheels volunteer delivery service
- Recruit and register new volunteers ensuring they undertake relevant pre-engagement checks and receive appropriate induction and training
- Actively monitor a register of volunteer police checks and ensure volunteers maintain a current check
- Monitor delivery rounds to ensure they are the most practical routes to follow
- Foster good relationships with volunteers through communicating regularly, volunteer recognition activities and an annual review of availability.
- Other duties as required for ongoing quality Meals program
- Download and import payroll reports, approve unmatched shifts
- Process approved staff leave
- Provide backup support for all payroll functions
- Sound administration experience, including the ability to pick up new systems and technology quickly
- Excellent communication skills including responsive listening skills
- Time management skills with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter, resume and separate document addressing the full 'selection criteria' (outlined in the position description).
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you'd like to know more contact Stephanie Burns, People and Culture Officer at email@example.com or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday 06th July 2020
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer