Project Manager OPAN
|Job Type||Full Time - Temporary to 30 June 2021|
|Package||$105,638.71 pro rata|
|Position Description||Project Manager OPAN|
At NGSC, our aim is to always be innovative and engaging for our community - and we need like-minded people to join us! We operate on a Google platform, have implemented Activity Based Working, and where possible use cloud-based systems. This improves efficiency and allows our employees to undertake their roles effectively whether in the office or in the community.
About this role
To work across the three Local Government Authorities (Pyrenees Shire Council, Ararat Rural City Council and Northern Grampians Shire Council), Victorian Government and Federal Government to deliver on key projects and maximise the benefits for the community.
- Act as a conduit between all stakeholders to maximise the benefits for the communities of Pyrenees, Ararat and Northern Grampians.
- Deliver key programs and projects in line with timelines and funding requirements such as:
- Oversee and project manage the development and delivery of a workforce analysis piece for the region, identifying all existing vacancies, and likely future vacancies out to five years.
- Oversee and project manage the development and delivery of a housing demand and activation plan to support the three OPAN councils to service an incoming workforce of more than 1000 people, and their families.
- Identify and work to deliver improved transport connections between settlement locations and employment precincts, and completion of a transport study and future options report to address workforce movements in order to better support employment within the region.
- Identify, facilitate and support activities that attract new residents to the region to fill vacancies.
- Work in collaboration with council media teams to prepare regular media releases, statements and council websites to inform and engage the community on the projects activities
- Engage directly with, organise and coordinate industry, employer, real estate, community and other stakeholder engagement activities and events with project contractors in order to deliver the key programs and projects above.
- Build relationships and work in partnership with key council officers to develop plans to address and implement the outcomes of the above key programs and projects once the OPAN project is completed.
- Advise the Project Control Group (PCG) in the planning of community engagement on operational projects to ensure high quality and consistent outcomes.
- Liaise with the PCG to ensure key priority developments are delivered.
- Perform as directed, other duties that are within the limits of the incumbents’ skill, competence and training.
- Tertiary qualifications in facilitation, engagement, business development, community development, business or the like, or substantial relevant experience in these areas.
- Demonstrated experience in workforce development, migration and/or community development.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, gain cooperation and influence a wide range of individuals, groups, organisations and other stakeholders.
- Substantial experience in the delivery and/or management of similar or comparable projects.
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter and resume.
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you'd like to know more contact Stephanie Burns, People and Culture Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday 25th January 2021
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer