Team Leader St Arnaud Early Learning Centre
|Job Type||Part Time - Permanent|
|Package||66,635.21 per annum (pro rata)|
|Position Description||Team Leader St Arnaud Early Learning Centre|
At NGSC, our aim is to always be innovative and engaging for our community - and we need like-minded people to join us! We operate on a Google platform, have implemented Activity Based Working, and where possible use cloud-based systems. This improves efficiency and allows our employees to undertake their roles effectively whether in the office or in the community.
We have a Bring Your Own Device and Mobile Allowance policy, which we encourage candidates to read in conjunction with the position description.
About this role
This position is responsible for the daily human resource, administrative and legislative compliance of the St Arnaud Early Learning Centre and assists with development of early childhood education and care programs.
- Ensure Council’s Service Standards are met, customers requests are handled efficiently in a knowledgeable, confidential and timely manner ensuring delivery is responsive, first point issue resolution and customer centric
- Support the Head of Early Years manage and monitor the Centre budget to ensure appropriate and effective use of financial resources
- Assist in the management of the St Arnaud Early Learning Centre to provide supervision, support, mentoring and professional development to the team
- Ensure that the staff/student ratio for all programs is maintained with suitably qualified and experienced educators/assistants within the established budget
- Provide effective leadership of the Children’s Services team in the planning, implementation and evaluation of an innovative and inclusive program informed by the ACECQU National Quality Standards, Victorian Early Years Learning Frameworks and relevant legislation
- As the ELC Nominated Supervisor, implement, maintain and evaluate existing and new procedures, systems and processes and ensure compliance with all National Quality Framework requirements
- Ensure the provision of service to children who may be vulnerable, at risk or with complex needs, engaging with external agencies, where appropriate
- Perform, as directed, other duties that are within the limits of the incumbents’ skill, competence and training
- Tertiary qualification in the area of Education, Children’s Services or social science fields.
- Experience, knowledge and ability in planning, developing and implementing services and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, gain cooperation and influence a wide range of individuals, groups, organisations and other stakeholders.
- Highly developed organisational and administrative skills as well as excellent time management skills including the ability to identify workload priorities and meet deadlines.
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter and resume.
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you'd like to know more contact Stephanie Burns, People and Culture Officer at email@example.com or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday 18th January 2021
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer