2 Year Temporary Contract
Salary range from: $66,902 to $79,884 pa + 9.5% superannuation + $1,000 pa transport allowance
35 hour week with access to flexi time
North Sydney Council administers the North Sydney local government area on Sydney’s picturesque lower North Shore. Our 400 employees look after 77,000 residents spread across 10 square kilometres of land on the foreshores of Sydney Harbour providing spectacular harbour views, beautiful parklands, and a bustling CBD. Our aim is to ensure North Sydney remains a welcoming, well-designed, safe and beautiful environment for residents, workers and visitors.
An opportunity currently exists for a hard-working Purchasing Officer to join the Procurement team. This position is responsible for the centralised procurement of goods and services on behalf of Council, along with administering the following duties:
- Review and matching of invoices.
- Set up and maintenance of new suppliers.
- Review and processing of requisitions including raising of online orders with suppliers.
- Training staff in the use of Councils purchasing software and the use of Government Contracts.
- Provide support to staff to enable them to purchase goods and services in accordance with Councils Procurement Policy and Procedures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of procedures to improve purchasing processes and promote good practice in procurement across Council.
This role will suit a strong administrator who has excellent attention to detail and values providing excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
- High level of attention to detail in completing invoice matching and data entry tasks
- Working knowledge of Purchasing and Accounts Payable systems
- Demonstrated well developed written and oral communication skills focused on providing quality services to customer/clients
- Demonstrated computer skills, specifically the suite of Microsoft Office, including Teams
- Understanding of Workplace Health and Safety requirements and the ability to apply them in the workplace
- Class 1A Driver’s Licence
- Knowledge of purchasing and supply related issues in Local Government.
- Ability to operate an alternate range of computer-based purchasing software.
Why work at North Sydney Council?
We're committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and positive workplace. Our teams are reflective of the communities in which we operate, and we value the unique contribution each member makes to the North Sydney Council. The work we do makes a real difference to the lives of our residents and contributes to their economic and social wellbeing.
North Sydney Council as an employer offers excellent employee benefits such as:
- Excellent work-life balance with a 35-hour working week with access to flex-time for indoor workers or fortnightly RDO’s for outdoor workers
- Enjoy an easy walk to spectacular harbour views during lunch
- Freedom to direct contributions to any compliant superannuation fund
- A holistic health and well-being program offering exercise classes, flu vaccinations, skin checks, a touch football team, weekly fruit deliveries, health seminars and more
- Access to employee recognition and reward program
- Free access to counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Free financial advice by a certified Financial Planner
- Monetary transport allowance
- Invitations to local government events, training and planning sessions
- Access to corporate social events at picturesque harbour locations
- Casual dress days in support of charities and not-for-profit organisations
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and answer the selection criteria questions below.
To view the Position Description, Click Here
Closing Date: 20 April 2021 - 11.30pm
North Sydney Council is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity in order to provide a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply. North Sydney Council fosters the concept of equity and fairness across all facets of employment including recruitment, promotion, training and equity of access to benefits for staff.