CQI and Health Systems Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
Employment Category: Permanent
Remuneration: $96,350.66 - $110,564.61 per annum plus superannuation + salary sacrifice pro-rata
(This role is re-advertised, previous applicants need not apply)
About the Organisation
The Puntukurnu Aboriginal Medical Service (PAMS) is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Service located in the East Pilbara region of Western Australia and provides comprehensive and culturally appropriate primary health care services to the Martu people of Newman and the four remote Aboriginal communities of Jigalong, Parnngurr, Punmu and Kunawarritji.
Our passionate and multidisciplinary team of qualified and experienced health professionals including GP’s, Remote Area Nurses and Aboriginal Health Workers provide holistic and high quality health care clients throughout the region.
PAMS opened ‘The Newman Clinic’ in August 2020. Linking residents with a range of healthcare providers, the Newman Clinic will be the centre for primary health care services for Aboriginal people living in Newman and the surrounding areas. This is an exciting time to join a growing organisation and contribute to improving the health and wellbeing of the local Aboriginal community.
About the Opportunity
Based in the PAMS administration offices in Newman, WA, the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) and Health Systems Officer is accountable to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for facilitating the implementation of all aspects of CQI and health systems activity throughout PAMS. The CQI Officer will work collaboratively with management and staff to strengthen PAMS CQI and health systems capacity with the intent to support improved service delivery and ultimately health outcomes for our clients.
Responsibilities of the role include:
Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)
- Provide organisational leadership around the application of CQI processes to all aspects of health service delivery
- Provide support to the CEO or delegate to engage with the PAMS Board of Directors and Aboriginal community members to ensure community understanding of and involvement in CQI
- Support the Management Team and staff to develop and implement CQI activity plans including working in collaboration with the Corporate, Quality and Compliance Officer for organisational level activities.
Health Information System Management
- Function as the Systems Administrator for PAMS electronic Patient Information Management system, Communicare
- Provide role specific Communicare training to all new employees.
- Conduct regular systems audits to ensure user compliance with Communicare use rules.
To view the full Position Description and Selection Criteria, click here or visit http://www.puntukurnu.com.au/
To be considered for this position, you must be willing to live full time in Newman and you must be able to clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the below Essential Selection Criteria:
- Undergraduate or relevant post-graduate qualification in a health sciences field or health informatics (Nursing, Health Promotion, Allied Health, Health Informatics, Public Health) or other relevant health qualification i.e. Aboriginal Health Worker / Practitioner
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a Primary Health Care setting
- Experience with electronic health information systems (i.e Communicare, MMEX, Best Practice)
Ideally you will also:
- Be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander decent and acknowledged as such by their community.
- Past experience as a Communicare Administrator
- Understanding of Clinical and Research Governance frameworks and processes
- Understanding of RACGP Standards 5th edition
- Awareness and understanding of the National Safety and Quality in Health Service Standards 2nd edition and other relevant industry standards
The position involves working within a multicultural organisation where the majority of staff, clients and stakeholders identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and their ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Please note: In addition to the above skills and experience, the successful candidate will require an unrestricted WA “C” Class Driver’s Licence, and be required to submit a National Police Clearance (dated within 3 months) and Working With Children Check (where applicable) prior to appointment.
Applicants for this position must be legally entitled to work in Australia and will be required to provide evidence of this entitlement. Acceptable evidence includes an Australian or New Zealand passport, birth certificate, or foreign passport with relevant visa.
About the Benefits
While you will face diverse new challenges in the role, you will also enjoy an attractive remuneration package including a base salary of $96,350.66 - $110,564.61 p.a. plus superannuation. You'll also gain access to generous salary packaging options, which will greatly increase your take home pay. In addition, you will have access to a number of fantastic benefits including:
- 5 weeks’ annual leave + 17.5% leave loading
- $2500 relocation assistance
- Support to further invest in your career through additional training + study leave options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retention Initiatives in accordance with the PAMS Employee Remuneration Policy
This position offers the opportunity to work closely with remote Aboriginal communities and make a drastic impact to the health and well-being outcomes of these communities.
PAMS operates four remote sites, three of which have a team of one nurse and a range of ancillary workers. Although the successful candidates will have a substantive location (Newman) they must be prepared from time to time to work across any one of these sites should they be required.
PAMS operates in some of the most remote parts of Australia and staff are required to be proficient at driving a 4WD vehicle and willing to fly in light aircraft.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note there is no closing date for this advertisement. Applications will be assessed as received and interviews scheduled accordingly. PAMS reserves the right to withdraw this advertisement without further notice, therefore we encourage interested candidates to submit their application without delay.
For further information about this position please call Aakriti Yadav, HR Advisor on 08 9177 8307.
As per section 51 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA) PAMS actively seeks to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our clients and stakeholders and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees.
Please fill out you Personal Details below.