Personal Care Assistant (Medication Qualified)
- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Competitive pay rates: $94 - 27.83 p/hr
- Additional Salary Packaging, Meals and Entertainment Packaging available
- Part Time
- Two positions available
- Based in Port Melbourne (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged and have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. Our Port Melbourne Hostel offers affordable, high quality accommodation and care to 35 men and women aged 50 years and over. We provide a safe, flexible and caring family-style environment, which allows residents to maintain their chosen lifestyles, habits and activities and to be as independent as they choose to be.
Your new role
We are currently seeking motivated and experienced Personal Care Assistants with the ability to administer medications to join our residential team at our Port Melbourne Hostel on a part time basis. To be considered for the role, you must be available to work one of the below rosters.
The available shifts are:
POSITION A (7 SHIFTS PER FORTNIGHT)
Week 1: Wednesday (0800-1400) & Thursday (0800-1400)
Week 2: Monday (0800-1400), Tuesday (0800-1400), Friday (0800-1400), Saturday (1600-2000) & Sunday (1600-2000)
POSITION B (5 SHIFTS PER FORTNIGHT)
Week 1: Monday, Tuesday, Friday (0800-1400)
Week 2: Wednesday & Thursday (0800-1400)
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Assisting residents with personal care including personal hygiene, dressing, grooming and other activities of daily living
- To observe and report changes in resident’s behaviour or physical condition
- To undertake medication management and treatment procedures as directed by the Residential Site Manager or person in charge
- To liaise with medical practitioners, pharmacists and other health services to provide relevant services for the care and wellbeing of the residents
- Assisting in the implementation of cigarette and alcohol programs
- Observing and reporting changes in residents behaviour or physical condition and maintain appropriate documentation as required
- Providing emotional support to residents
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours: Whatever your circumstances are, we have an array of morning, afternoon and early evening shifts are available to you.
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Still need more work?: The opportunities are endless, with shifts at our residential sites on offer as well as Community shifts available as well. Check out our website for locations.
Successful applicants will have a Certificate III/IV in Aged Care/Individual Support. It is essential that applicants have excellent communication skills and an understanding of the special needs of older people.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Ability to work both in team and autonomously
- Completion of medication administration unit (HLTHPS006 - Assist Clients with Medication)
- Keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to enhance or maintain our residents independence and lifestyle
- A friendly and non-judgmental attitude
How to apply
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the ‘PD’ link here. Applications can be directed to Mark Lorenzi (HR Officer) and submitted by filling out the required information below. Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Wednesday 8th April 2020
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Records check & Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check. Refusal to consent to Wintringham providing your information to the DWES unit will prevent us from being able to continue with your application.
“Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.”